Red Chair Software DOA?

Rodant Kapoor

Mar 15, 2009, 4:50:43 PM3/15/09
The Red Chair domain appears to be up for renewal or sale leaving all
of us Notmad users in the dark.

I have six Zen xTras and a Jukebox 3 registered and with the domain
gone, I can't activate any of them since I had to reinstall my system
due to hard drive failure so be warned that even if you have your
transaction number and activation code, your device will not activate.

I do have some backups of earlier installations and I was hoping to
find whatever "tweak" Red Chair used to activate Notmad.

Does anyone know where this activation information is stored under XP?

I would hate to no longer be able to use such a useful program.

I appreciate ant advice?

RK

clay

Mar 17, 2009, 2:25:53 PM3/17/09

Looks to be dead.
There are still a few Notmad users around. I know of someone who knows
someone who might have more info. I put the word out. Will post back if
I hear anything.

Gasman

Mar 17, 2009, 2:33:18 PM3/17/09
I have found this

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2831281645-999283719-3206633690-1006\Software\Red
Chair Software\Notmad Explorer\Activation]

and it has the following values with codes for each of my JB3 devices.

"5EE596AF"="activation code here"
"B2ACF420"="activation code here"

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

Rodant Kapoor

Mar 17, 2009, 11:25:23 PM3/17/09
Thanks for the help so far.

Too bad there isn't a key generator out there that could tak advantage
of the manual registration feature.

Email to RedChari has bounced.

My last resort would be to send a certified letter to their last known
address. It may come to that.

RK

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:33:18 +0000, Gasman <nospam...@tesco.net>

clay

Mar 23, 2009, 11:08:18 AM3/23/09
Rodant Kapoor wrote:
> Thanks for the help so far.
>
> Too bad there isn't a key generator out there that could tak advantage
> of the manual registration feature.
>
> Email to RedChari has bounced.

Apparently they paid the bill because the site is back up.

Rodant Kapoor

Mar 23, 2009, 7:36:51 PM3/23/09
That is good news indeed.

I can activate my devices again.