Red Chair = Scam

Chull13

May 13, 2007, 4:37:53 PM5/13/07
Well - years ago I had good luck with Red: we evn talked on the phone
for customer support.
But after 4+ months with a Non-Working product from them and NO
responces at all from him (though he was More than Happy to take my $$
$) I sent him the following
I decided top start bugging you again about my refund!!
Not One word for tech support for months!!
How could you go the way of fake Web Scams?
We even talked on the phone years ago for support for my Nomad Jukebox
software I bought from you - Now you are just a scammer?!
I should not be surprised - Millions if not Billions are made on the
net that way and the Scammers are proud to Scam!!
I know scammers do not care, but I will start a "RedChair = Scam"
drive shortly.
You will still get your 1st time buyers as well as repeat old time
Loyal Customers such as I who don't know your new Business Model.
You already have my name as well as my credit card info - Will you
be venturing into Identity Theft too?

Have my many request for Tech Support on a Totally Non-Working
RedChair Software Product as well as my several Feedback messages
cause any time to be spent on your end: Or are all Tech Support and
Feed Back message just Never read?
Probably just gives you a good laugh know people send you their money
and you have to only put out bad code for the download.
:

GasMan

May 21, 2007, 2:12:01 PM5/21/07
I know how you feel. I upgraded to the Universal edition as I bought a
backup JB3, and could get it to work. I too called them all the names
under the sun.

Jake mentioned in the notmad forum that he had some response from them
a while back. I sent of another email on the 7th of this month and got
a reply today with a code which appears to work. Now waiting for
activation email, so keeping fingers crossed.

Seems they went a little haywire, perhaps they are back as they used
to be. One can only hope.

I do wish I had their telephone number though when I was trying to get
my second jb3 connected.

Please remove obvious from email address if emailing.

Hunter Elliott

May 21, 2007, 2:48:27 PM5/21/07

"GasMan" <nospam...@tesco.net> wrote in message

>I know how you feel. I upgraded to the Universal edition as I bought a
> backup JB3, and could get it to work. I too called them all the names
> under the sun.
>
> Jake mentioned in the notmad forum that he had some response from them
> a while back. I sent of another email on the 7th of this month and got
> a reply today with a code which appears to work. Now waiting for
> activation email, so keeping fingers crossed.
>
> Seems they went a little haywire, perhaps they are back as they used
> to be. One can only hope.
>
> I do wish I had their telephone number though when I was trying to get
> my second jb3 connected.

I had to stop using their product (and I had a universal also) because it
was causing XP to hang left and right... and in other apps, like it was
constantly trying to search drives and would just hang Windows Explorer. All
those probs ended once I removed the app. In the early days, I got great
support from them, but haven't heard anything from them when I've asked for
tech support. It's too bad because I would rather use their product for
synching my music and creating playlists.

Anyone know if the XP version works these days? Has it ever worked on Vista?

GasMan

May 21, 2007, 5:07:45 PM5/21/07
Let me check, as I use W2k, but I have XP SP2 on my laptop and cannot
remember any problems. In fairness it could be something you have in
XP that conflicts. It is hard to tell, and I agree, if you got rid of
it and things seemed back to normal, you'd be likely to blame the s/w.

Just tried now and appears to work fine. I'm copying from my network
drive to the unit no problems.

It is a shame as I have become used to the s/w, hence buying the
universal edition. I must admit I called them a few names, and it is a
wonder that they even mailed me back this time (I hate getting ripped
off), but I've still to receive the activation email. So I will just
have to wait and see. :-)

Please remove obvious from email address if emailing.

clay

May 21, 2007, 5:24:20 PM5/21/07
GasMan wrote:
> Let me check, as I use W2k, but I have XP SP2 on my laptop and cannot
> remember any problems. In fairness it could be something you have in
> XP that conflicts. It is hard to tell, and I agree, if you got rid of
> it and things seemed back to normal, you'd be likely to blame the s/w.
>
> Just tried now and appears to work fine. I'm copying from my network
> drive to the unit no problems.
>
> It is a shame as I have become used to the s/w, hence buying the
> universal edition. I must admit I called them a few names, and it is a
> wonder that they even mailed me back this time (I hate getting ripped
> off), but I've still to receive the activation email. So I will just
> have to wait and see. :-)

I've been running it on XPP for a couple years. No problems unless I
cause them.
NJB1, NJB2, NJB3, Zen, MuVo²...
What did I pay, $25.00 five years ago for the universal?
I figure I got my money's worth out of it.
iirc, the last couple upgrades I've gone to the site, logged in, and
grabbed the activations from my account. No more waiting for emails.

Paul Steel

May 22, 2007, 2:48:38 PM5/22/07
Jake Ames had some luck with them recently whish encouraged me to try
again.

I contacted them again, and got a new code, which resulted in a new
act code which got my second jb3 connected. So I a one happy bunny.
I suggest anyone with problesm try again, maybe they have turned a
corner, you never know. I *might* start recommending them again if I
hear good reports.

Tom Whittemore

Jul 12, 2007, 9:11:12 AM7/12/07
Recenty bought a zen and it screwed up the Redchair, emailed and they
replied. followed directions and every thing works fine now.
both the Zen micro and the older unit still work fine on XP.