problems with Creationism

charles

Sep 19, 2007, 1:16:03 PM9/19/07
to Creation vs Evolution

The Biblical accounts I have read of creation seem to raise more
questions than answers. We read "let there be light," for example, but
is that supposed to mean that God ordered it to happen or just let it
happen? After all, letting something happen does not ensure it will
happen even though it required God's permission to come about. But how
did having permission to appear manage to cause it to appear? Who or
what had been holding light back awaiting God's permission? If God's
permission was all that was needed, light must have already been
created and just waiting for permission to materialize. When, then,
was it actually first created and by whom?

Or did light just want to be created? If it wanted to, what caused it
to want to? More to the point, why would light want to be created?
Does that mean that it has "intelligence" but only does what God tells
it to do?

Or perhaps "let there be light" was a command instead of God's
permission to appear. If so, who or what took the order and fulfilled
it for Him? Did God have only to give an order while leaving it up to
someone or something else to actually create light and have it on
demand? Did God just "pull the switch" so to speak? Who or what
actually "created" the light so it would be there ready for God when
He ordered it?

Then, on the other hand perhaps God ordered Himself to create light.
Would God actually tell Himself what to do? Surely, God doesn't talk
to Himself and have to order Himself to do things!

I realize this is an awful lot of questions, but hey, you "born again"
believers know the Bible better than I. I'm sure you can explain all
this so that my questions are answered. If your answers are not in
the Bible, perhaps you can explain it all to us anyway. We eagerly
await your answers!

Charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com