A few questions for the Evolutionists.

godsadoptedson

Jan 22, 2007, 12:36:00 PM1/22/07
to Creation vs Evolution
I have but a few questions for you that I wish to have an answer for. I
like many of you was taught the theory of Evolution when I was in
school. Note the title "Theory" which is a proposed explanation whose
status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established
propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

So anyway here we go. Please take your time and make your answers as
complete as you are able.

1) Where did the space for the universe come from?
2) Where did matter come from?
3) Where did the laws that govern the universe come from gravity,
inertia etc.
4) How did matter get so perfectly organized?
5)Where did the energy come from to take care of all this organizing?

I have others but lets start here.

Eppurevolution

Jan 24, 2007, 3:00:22 AM1/24/07
to Creation vs Evolution
You ought to contact a Physics scientist for you to get an answer to
these questions. Evolutionary theory is about biology!

And also, you seem to misundertand the meaning of 'theory'. You can
check:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html on that.

Note that we also speak of relativity theory, gravitational theory,
atomic theory, plate tectonics theory, etc.

Charles Brough

Jan 24, 2007, 9:55:06 AM1/24/07
to creation-v...@googlegroups.com

THE POWER OF WORDS

The other day I heard a woman tell me how strict her
father was and that is why she is so tough on her
children. It is was children need, she believes. “He
beat the fucken shit out of me for using bad
language,” she said. I looked at her expecting to see
a smile; but she was serious!

I told my friends about it later and said that in my
mind, that sort of sums up what has been called “white
trash.” I have talked with poor people here in the
South and several women indicated to me in indirect
ways that they are proud of being able to swear
profusely when angry. It is like they think such
words convey some sort of power. The subject if full
of irrationality; and people fail to understand that
words are only words. Power comes from not having to
desperately lean on foul langauge! Power comes from
being cool and calm when others are loosing control
and showing their desperate weaknesses.

I know that vulgarisms are common among some who post
in these forums. They think they are superior because
they use them instead of fussing around with such
trivia as logic.
I FOUND THIS:

Your questions are easy to answer! Do you recognize
the concept of infinity? It is a mathematical
concelt. It enables us to deal with infinite space,
energy AND TIME. In other words, energy and matter
have ALWAYS existed and will exist into then infinite
future.

There are now "laws" such as those tho Bible claims
were handed down by "God." The so-called "laws of
nature" are only methematical generalizations that
have proved very helpful to mankind. When we can
improve them we do---and have.

There is no "perfect organization" in the universe.
In fact, there is so much confusion and uncertainty
that whole theories of "chaos" have been developed.

And you opening paragraph is misleading. Evolution is
called "a theory" because we are constantly finding
new evidence that makes changes that make it more
accurate and more complete. It will never be totally
accurate and complete because nothing is. We have
science in order to make the world more
understandable, not to KNOW EVERYTHING AND HAVE
PERFECT, ABSOLUTE TRUTH, because that is mere illusion
fostered by religion in order to enable the average
person to stop thinking, thinking he has all the
answers and, hence no need to think.

If you are still young, why stunt your mind? Why not
continue learning?

charles, http://humanpurpase.simplenet.com

--- godsadoptedson <rob...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

Ed

Jan 26, 2007, 1:23:47 PM1/26/07
to Creation vs Evolution

As a practicing Catholic I say why can't God have created the Universe
(space-time) and uses what we call evolution to create life in all it's
various forms?

Charles Brough

Jan 26, 2007, 4:14:17 PM1/26/07
to creation-v...@googlegroups.com
As a practicing atheist, I have never in my whole long life ever seen anything being created out of nothing, so I am inclined to believe it cannot happen!  In mathematics, I am familiar with the concept of infinity and therefore have reason to suspect the universe has always existed, infinite time, space and energy.

Modern science knows that life evolves and explains all the varieties of life, but we are still learning how it happens---and those explanations are the "theory" involved in the so-called "theory of evolution."

Being a Catholic, you might feel alarmed as I do, should you look at my web-page, because you might also be aghast at the way "End Times" doctrines are now driving world affairs. . .

Eppurevolution

Jan 26, 2007, 5:49:46 PM1/26/07
to Creation vs Evolution
Now that you got answers, would you care to comment on them?

Charles Brough

Jan 27, 2007, 1:44:03 PM1/27/07
to creation-v...@googlegroups.com
You don't have answers to these questions? You should
have.

There is no question in science that evolution occurs;
it is observed around us all the time and seen in the
fossel and geogologic record. The so-called "theory"
part is how it occurs. We are constantly changing and
improving our understanding of how it works.

We have no reason to believe space, time, energy and
matter came from anywhere. We can more readily assume
it has always been here. It surely has as far as I
can observe and I have NEVER seen anything created out
of nothing!

There is no "perfect organization" in nature. NOTHING
is perfect. In fact, there is a lot that is so
complex as to appear chaotic. Even the so-called laws
are just mathematical formulas representing
generalizations and are not rigid, unchanging. From
time to time, we have to change and improve them!

charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com
--- Eppurevolution <eppurev...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

JJ

Feb 8, 2007, 7:33:54 PM2/8/07
to Creation vs Evolution
Sure. Every evolutionist says, "the theory of evolution explains the
variety of life on Earth. " IT'S ABSOLUTELY TRUE! But here is my
question. Why is everyone so deceived when someone says that or
"modern science knows" or "i've never seen it so it's never happened".
Sure it explains it, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S TRUE!
I have never seen a three headed snake, but does that mean it's never
existed or it never will? NO!

On Jan 26, 3:14 pm, Charles Brough <charlesbrou...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As a practicing atheist, I have never in my whole long life ever seen anything being created out of nothing, so I am inclined to believe it cannot happen! In mathematics, I am familiar with the concept of infinity and therefore have reason to suspect the universe has always existed, infinite time, space and energy.
>
> Modern science knows that life evolves and explains all the varieties of life, but we are still learning how it happens---and those explanations are the "theory" involved in the so-called "theory of evolution."
>
> Being a Catholic, you might feel alarmed as I do, should you look at my web-page, because you might also be aghast at the way "End Times" doctrines are now driving world affairs. . .
>
> charles,http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com
>
> Ed <ed1wa...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> As a practicing Catholic I say why can't God have created the Universe
> (space-time) and uses what we call evolution to create life in all it's
> various forms?
>
> ---------------------------------

JJ

Feb 8, 2007, 7:26:23 PM2/8/07
to Creation vs Evolution
BECAUSE IT SAYS HE CREATED ALL ANIMALS AT ONE TIME IN THE BIBLE. DOn't
come back with a response about the six days of creation because YOU
KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Charles Brough

Feb 10, 2007, 9:04:31 AM2/10/07
to creation-v...@googlegroups.com
It is surely possible for a three headed snake to be born!  I think the problem is that when science has an explanation, you feel that it has to be "The Truth" ---or not---when actually all it ever is is a more accurate explanation because of being logical and being consistent with the evidence.  There is no physical evidence that anything anywhere was ever been created out of nothing, so, until we have evidence it is, we look for---and in evolution, we have found---a more logical and supportable explanation for origins in life.

On Jan 26, 3:14 pm, Charles Brough wrote:
> As a practicing atheist, I have never in my whole long life ever seen anything being created out of nothing, so I am inclined to believe it cannot happen! In mathematics, I am familiar with the concept of infinity and therefore have reason to suspect the universe has always existed, infinite time, space and energy.
>
> Modern science knows that life evolves and explains all the varieties of life, but we are still learning how it happens---and those explanations are the "theory" involved in the so-called "theory of evolution."
>
> Being a Catholic, you might feel alarmed as I do, should you look at my web-page, because you might also be aghast at the way "End Times" doctrines are now driving world affairs. . .
>
> charles,http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com
>
> Ed wrote:
>
> As a practicing Catholic I say why can't God have created the Universe
> (space-time) and uses what we call evolution to create life in all it's
> various forms?
>
> ---------------------------------

Eppurevolution

Feb 10, 2007, 2:29:18 PM2/10/07
to Creation vs Evolution

On Feb 9, 1:26 am, "JJ" <putter...@aol.com> wrote:
> BECAUSE IT SAYS HE CREATED ALL ANIMALS AT ONE TIME IN THE BIBLE.

I'll finish your beautiful circular argument for you:
Q and why should I believe what's written in the Bible?
A Because the Bible is the true word of God, and God doesn't lie
Q And how do you know the Bible is the word of God?
A Because the Bible says so.

Aahhhh, now it makes sense!

Chocomel

Feb 11, 2007, 8:49:13 AM2/11/07
to Creation vs Evolution

Well JJ,
Did it ever occur to you that maybe there are passages in the Bible
that aren't meant to be taken literally?
Do you believe the earth is set upon pillars? Of course not. Could
it possibly be that some of the old folklore and fairytales in the old
testament just might be wrong.

Eppurevolution

Feb 10, 2007, 2:23:16 PM2/10/07
to Creation vs Evolution
Your point being?

Ed

Feb 13, 2007, 12:48:37 AM2/13/07
to Creation vs Evolution
There are at least two definitions of "Theory".
One, is commonplace and non-scientific and means idea.
The other really is comprised of two definitions.
In science, the "Idea" is called an "Hypothesis""Theory" in science is
a "Hypothesis" that has been tested and the results match up to what
the theory said should happen.

Now, being a practicing Roman Catholic, I believe in a God, a supreme
being that created everything meaning the entire Universe. Now, if you
think about the Big Bang Theory, it states that the entire Universe
was as small as an egg or perhaps smaller.
It comprised everything, Space & Time. And suddenly, this egg blew up.

Why do we think this...just a few basics...

Each Galaxy is moving away from every other Galaxy at tremendous
speeds and the farther out into space you go, the faster galaxies are
traveling away from each other.
Think of a balloon as you blow it up...suppose you draw a couple of
spirals on the balloon and you blow it up some more...the "Galaxies"
that you drew are flying away from each other. Then there is the
observations of the noise found all over the sky or the 3 degree K
radiation. This is the leftover noise of the big bang.

Ed

Feb 16, 2007, 7:01:31 PM2/16/07
to Creation vs Evolution
No Charles I'm not surprised. Jesus said that no one knows when it
will happen except God The Father but...

That has never stopped those "Christians" who apparently never heard
this gospel:)

Toby

Feb 20, 2007, 3:15:38 AM2/20/07
to Creation vs Evolution

Toby christian how come apes are not evolving now

Toby

Feb 20, 2007, 3:18:44 AM2/20/07
to Creation vs Evolution

The first text was created in menstropmania (middle east) It has been
dated older than the bible says the world was created

Bob

Feb 22, 2007, 10:01:55 AM2/22/07
to Creation vs Evolution
Possibly, Toby. I 'd like to see some citations for this statement,
though.

Incidentally, it's MESOPOTAMIA (from the greek: Meso=Between,
Potamos=River. Thus: the land bwetween the rivers.)

Clyde Squid

Feb 22, 2007, 12:33:59 PM2/22/07
to Creation vs Evolution
On Feb 20, 2:15 am, "Toby" <tobias.Caldic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Toby christian how come apes are not evolving now

Why do you thing they are not evolving now?

Clyde

Charles Brough

Feb 22, 2007, 7:53:01 PM2/22/07
to creation-v...@googlegroups.com
When we who understand science and evolution get questions like these, we have difficulty understanding what their problem is because we fail to grasp a big difference between the way the evolutionist and the Creationist think.  When you have in in your head that the human race is only some 6,000 years old, you are not able to think in terms of the vast span of time we have actually been here.  To the Creationist, they see monkeys at the zoo when they are children, and when the become big (children), they see monkeys when they take their kids to the zoo and wonder why the monkeys are still the same!  What?  You mean they're not evolving?  They had to be created then!

But 6,000 years is but a drop of water to the whole ocean.  We ourselves have had virtually no change biologically in the last almost 200,000 years!  Creationists are totally incapable of grasping such concepts.  There is a certain Middle Ages to their thinking.  Even 200,000 years is a small period of time in the evolution of primates and our simian ancestorage.  That is just impossible for them to grasp.  They can accept "miracles" of people walking on water and fish swollowing people and the parting of the Red Sea, but they cannot imagine vast distances of time.  They have been left out of the scientific age entirely!

charles

Toby <tobias.C...@gmail.com> wrote:

Toby christian how come apes are not evolving now

Looking for earth-friendly autos?

><>

Feb 23, 2007, 3:28:26 PM2/23/07
to Creation vs Evolution
you can't believe both
in the bible it says reptiles were made AFTER birds
and evolution says reptiles BEFORE birds

Eppurevolution

Feb 22, 2007, 2:24:17 PM2/22/07
to Creation vs Evolution
They are evolving. This is just in:
Spear-wielding chimps snack on skewered bushbabies

http://tinyurl.com/2jjb2j

Creationistrue

Mar 26, 2007, 6:38:11 PM3/26/07
to Creation vs Evolution
if you are asking why God couldnt have used evolution to create the
universe here is the answer
you as a catholic and i as a christian both beleive that Gods word is
true if we both believe that then why didnt he just say he used
evolution instead of the six days of creation thus if you beleive the
Bible then you must beleive that God created the world
besides if God did use evolution to create life then why is the Bible
even in existence? evolution completly takes the whole reason of
christ dying out because if evolution were true and there was death
and reproduction before adam and eve were created that contradicts the
Bible and the reason of Christ dying because the Bible states
that
wherefore as by one man sin entered the world and death by sin so
death was passed upon all men
romans 5:12
look it up if you don't beleive me and thats why Jesus had to die
becuase it took a perfect man to conqueor death forever so if death is
just a natural part of earth i have a Question for you
Why did Jesus have to die?

in him
E.

Bob

Mar 28, 2007, 1:40:03 PM3/28/07
to Creation vs Evolution
This might be difficult for you, Ed. But sit down with a cup of tea.

Ready.

The bible might not be literally true.

Now take another deep breath.

Go to bed and sleep on it.

> > various forms?- Hide quoted text -

><>

May 3, 2007, 12:07:52 PM5/3/07
to Creation vs Evolution
evolution and creation has HUGE contradictions
in evolution reptiles existed before birds
in the bible it is the other way around look it up
if God doesn't mean what he say when he said he created it in 6 days,
then how would you know everything else he says is literal or not
this is the most direct thing possible, he cannot have said it any
more directly than this
you have to be retarded to think that God meant he used evoltuion when
he said he created the world in 6 days

Peter_W

May 17, 2007, 2:43:28 AM5/17/07
to Creation vs Evolution
A day is a Human term folks and really dumb ape level way of seeing
reality! God has not the same time as Humans have all his time before
the creation of the Earth, and you dare out of pure vanity and
ignorance claim them as Earth days? WOW!
I ma from God and think you all a bit weird, and unwise in almost all
things ALL OF YOU!
Evolution is seen today in amny places proving evolution in all kinds
so that no one can claim evolution is not taking place! All over the
world the races are mixing and making new Humans never of any of the
kinds before and with new bodies that are parts of many races and in
some cases better and others unhealthy or not so well adapted yet
races are mixing and making new races that are none of the ones before
but hybreed humans with new skills of science and devices as well as
social changes to pass, and so, a whole new set of health problems
leading to new human forms over the times to come just as new humans
changed over times of the past. All is still in evolution but not all
is being pressed to change ot found a niche to become stable like
crocrodiles for example or whales (God rid us of the sea lice and show
them all what a real healthy whale looks like!... I know it is over
the heads of most if not all of you).

Jesus died for Humanity for one reason and one reason only! The world
needed good example, and he is it!
His death walked a specific path that unloced a promiss to the Jews/
Hebrew and gave it to all others that cross the world forcing and
follow the example of jesus in all things to be given everlasting life
after death. Now no one said in flesh! In the time of Jesus most
people were not recorded in any way shape or form and so were none
ones with not even the memory of them lasting a few generations after
death. Jesus gave all the need to record all and all record all so
that all be known by all for all as living history and all
representing themselves as recordings. This is the power of the spirit
to last past the flesh in the body of the recordings REPRESENTING the
self to all, forever.
With the advance of science it is possible to record someone so well
that they can't die! You know the DNA, the every thought, the every
action ever took and complete medical history of that being. With the
super advanced science of the path to perfection Jesus was made to be
born by transmission of lazer pulse directly into Mary and was raised
as Human and died as any Human could die but was stolen and revived
with advance science to continue in this human body and rule by
example in his duties on other worlds needed attention. GOOD WORK!
Now with the keys and the seals we can save this world once and for
all!
The days of mixing in random and extreme as called normal communities
is about to end. The age of perfect cities and perfectly raised Humans
with powers to build and do greater things than all this age somes. "A
place for each and to each a place but as individuals and in equality
and in place by kind and by the laws of order and rights of Humans (as
well as all children of God that could possibly come to be found or
become from life) a perfect paradise world because hellish hard works
are what is next in the domination and claims of other worlds for
life. You will die on other worlds and the Earth be you paradise
example that you and your children's children dream of making.
Amen.
Peter W/ the holder of the keys and seals from God.

Peter_W

May 17, 2007, 3:10:32 AM5/17/07
to Creation vs Evolution
what is a day?
Whay was a day before the Earth was created, and what was it based on?
Do you thin God would use the system of revolutions of one single
planet in a tiny obscure edge of a spiral galaxy as his great way to
tell time?
Come one people, You got a brain, use it!

Now do not come all saying God made animals on Earth for it is as dumb
as God is not able to bring cities to fill a planet's worth of his
kingdom to serve him in any such deed, same as man will need all
mankind to seed and hold new worlds that have life and can hold more
and more life.

Sheeshh, it is like dogs baying at the moon and monkeys tossing stone
in here, so weak minded all of you really are to understand things so
simple to understand.
Only a fool thinks God wrote the Bible as none of it is written by God
and all of it is written by word of mouth to text just as we all
should know was the Hebrew way long before slavery by Egyptians.
The Hebrews did not just pop up out of the ground just second before
being freed like so many seam to act like, and they had a long history
of spoken records, and markings to remember the stories by that
evolved into text. It is plain as day the Hebrews got old information
from Moses that was Prince and would of been one heck of a rell ass
dummy to not look up the old information on the Hebrews after or even
before learning he was one. The logic tells he sure did go to
Alexandria and got the data from the great libraries millions of
scrolls. He was not a dummy and so well informed and well groomed in
anything he wanted to learn by experts of the scrolls that lived to
make sure the information of the library be found and explained to the
asker on demand... a whole community was needed to hold the
information of just finding the information! So Moses was well
informed and could call on data much like we do on computers but he
coud call on teachers and keepers of any kind of records where weather
was soon important! Volcanoes and earthquakes, slaves and how they
were salved and all they had in information and skills to add to the
Egyptians that gather other skills than found by themselves from
others, and slave them as well ro build what they wished in vanity of
playing God on others.