New to group - interested in SpringMVC and Symfony/Diem integration

Gerard Finnerty

Oct 13, 2012, 3:34:57 PM10/13/12
to crea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

New to the group and very excited about this project.

I'm presently a front-end engineer in the Emerging Technologies department of my company.

I built the corporate website for our Marketing department using Symfony Diem (on AWS), which has been great. I spent a few years prior to this position building Drupal solutions. Diem was a breath of fresh air. I compared it with Apostrophe and Symfony CMS and found the wigitized UI metaphors in Diem to be easier-to-use for non-technical employees than all the other options. Mostly for the in-page editing features. I'm concerned about Diem's adoption and continued advancement, so it would ideal to get the content structure to become less diem-specific.

Anyways, this was more of a side-project. My responsibility is building the front-end applications for our products (Financial Services industry).

I use Backbone.js, jQuery, LESS, Modernizr and Bootstrap with a SpringMVC back-end. Our backend will most likely remain Java and ideally SpringMVC.

As a company, we need to bring content management into our products and createjs is a perfect fit.

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be advocating our adoption of createjs and its dependencies into our technology stack.

So, any advice for someone just starting with is would be much appreciated. Right now, I'm just trying to get a test environment set up to prototype out cms features on the front-end without back end integration yet available. Create.js seems very simple to integrate, but I think a downloadable stand-alone demo would really help. Does this exist?

Thanks,
Gerard

Gerard Finnerty

Oct 13, 2012, 6:15:25 PM10/13/12
to crea...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind, createjs was so easy to integrate into an existing Backbone app, even without a cms backend. :-)
Seriously awesome. way to go on this project. I hope I can contribute.

David Buchmann

Oct 15, 2012, 9:37:12 AM10/15/12
to crea...@googlegroups.com
hi gerard and welcome,

should you need create in the context of symfony2, contact us (maybe
rather on the symfony-...@googlegroups.com list than this one)

we work on integrating php and create.js (and provide all sorts of
content management components in symfony)

cheers,david

--
Liip AG // Agile Web Development // T +41 26 422 25 11
CH-1700 Fribourg // PGP 0xA581808B // www.liip.ch