Warning! both bitmap and button may generate local security error

nurul zafirah zulkifly

Mar 19, 2017, 6:07:58 AM3/19/17
to CreateJS Discussion
Hi,

I'm having this warning > Content with both Bitmaps and Buttons may generate local security errors in some browsers if run from the local file system.

When I tried creating a button that will allow me to go to the first frame and replay my animation.
however the button is not working. and may anyone help me further explain what does it mean with the error above. and how do I overcome this.

Thank you.

Colin Holgate

Mar 19, 2017, 9:40:12 AM3/19/17
to CreateJS Discussion
You could try the files on a server, if it still fails to work then it's not the local security issue. Also, use the developer tools in your browser to see if the console is showing any errors.

Lanny

Mar 20, 2017, 10:04:37 PM3/20/17
to CreateJS Discussion
To clarify this, if you load an image into the canvas, and it is from either a different domain, or the local file system (ie: file:///) then it will "dirty" the canvas, which prevents the pixels from being read. EaselJS uses pixel fill to determine mouse interaction.

Colin's suggestion is right -- check the console to see if an error is raised when you click the element. Running on a local server (which Adobe Animate does for you when testing) will get around that. There are other things you can do to prevent the error, but first you should determine if this is causing your issue.

Cheers,