Update Canvas when Browser resizes

Oren Shvalb

Dec 25, 2015, 12:22:55 AM12/25/15
to CreateJS Discussion
Hi guys,

I've read some articles about resizing the canvas , but non of them worked for me...

Can some one direct me how to do it right with EaselJS?

My best attempt was this:

window.addEventListener('resize', resize, false);

init
() {
   createjs
.Ticker.addEventListener('tick', handleTick);
   resize
();
}

function handleTick(event) {
  stage
.update();
}

function resize() {
  stage
.canvas.width = window.innerWidth;
  stage
.canvas.height = window.innerHeight;
}

Any ideas?

Sebastian DeRossi

Dec 25, 2015, 4:30:03 AM12/25/15
to createjs-...@googlegroups.com
Have you created a stage?

<u>Sebastian DeRossi</u>

Oren Shvalb

Dec 25, 2015, 9:03:22 AM12/25/15
to CreateJS Discussion
yes, I have a stage.

The code that gave as an example running fine in my browser, but doesn't do what it supposed to do.

On Friday, December 25, 2015 at 4:30:03 AM UTC-5, Sebastian DeRossi wrote:
Have you created a stage?
On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Oren Shvalb <oren....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Lanny McNie

Dec 27, 2015, 9:48:09 PM12/27/15
to CreateJS Discussion
I answered this question on StackOverflow -- not sure if it was you who asked it.

Basically, resizing the canvas element will give you more pixels, but not reflow your contents.

Hope that helps.

Oren Shvalb

Dec 27, 2015, 10:34:02 PM12/27/15
to CreateJS Discussion
Thank you very much!

I think I know understand what I need to do.

I was under the impression that resizing the canvas would also rescale the content, but like you suggested - I should put all the assets inside a container and scale it.