Getting a TXCO for HackRF One Acrylic Shell

Alexander Benfatto

Jul 23, 2020, 4:31:19 AM7/23/20
to mmbtools
Hello everyone,

Just a very quick question. I'm thinking of getting a TXCO clock for my hackrf one but not sure which one. I believe it's a 10MHz one. Is this correct or are there others?

Cheers,

Alexander

Mark

Jul 23, 2020, 11:46:07 AM7/23/20
to mmbtools
Indeed the external clock is 10Mhz, You can buy many 'piggyback' PCB's that will fit on the internal connector from the HackRf for the external clock.

But beware that some TCXO pcb have the TCXO on the top of the PCB and the HackRf will not fit it's case anymore, I modified my
TCXO pcb so that it was on the bottom side (same side as the connector) if you don't like soldering look for the right one to order.

Grtzz  Mark

Alexander Benfatto

Jul 24, 2020, 12:01:10 AM7/24/20
to mmbtools
Hello everyone,

Thanks Mark for your response. I think I have an idea what I need to get. Before I make a purchase of a TCXO that I found in Banggood, Link: https://www.banggood.com/TCXO-Clock-CLK-A-10MHz-PPM-0_1-TCXO-Clock-Oscillator-Module-For-HackRF-One-Acrylic-Shell-p-1613471.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN will this one be suffice?

Cheers,

Alexander

Mark

Jul 24, 2020, 4:14:34 AM7/24/20
to mmbtools

TCXO.jpg

Look for something like this, the one in your link is on the top.

Grtzz  Mark