Cannot compile ODR-sourcecompanion

Claus Nielsen

Sep 24, 2019, 9:40:18 AM9/24/19
to mmbtools
Hi,

I'm trying to set up ODR-SourceCompanion on a RPI4.
But I cannot seem to come past the ./bootstrap command.

./bootstrap: 3: ./bootstrap: autoreconf: not found

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Claus Juul Nielsen
Denmark

Matthias Brändli

Sep 24, 2019, 9:49:21 AM9/24/19
to crc-mm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claus,

autoreconf is part of the autotools. You probably need to install the
autoconf package.

mpb

PS:
I did some changes yesterday that I didn't have time to test yet, please
use v0.4.0, not latest "next"

On 24/09/2019 15:40, Claus Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up ODR-SourceCompanion on a RPI4.
> But I cannot seem to come past the ./bootstrap command.
>
> *./bootstrap: 3: ./bootstrap: autoreconf: not found*
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Claus Juul Nielsen
> Denmark
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crc-mmbtools/b5d684bf-2f5b-4281-97a1-6281af9504f4%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crc-mmbtools/b5d684bf-2f5b-4281-97a1-6281af9504f4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Claus Nielsen

Sep 24, 2019, 10:12:03 AM9/24/19
to mmbtools
Hi Matthias,

After installing Autotools-dev and autoconf, I get another error message:

./bootstrap
configure.ac:14: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

and I did switch it back to the master branch.

Claus

tirsdag den 24. september 2019 kl. 15.49.21 UTC+2 skrev Matthias Brändli:
Hi Claus,

autoreconf is part of the autotools. You probably need to install the
autoconf package.

mpb

PS:
I did some changes yesterday that I didn't have time to test yet, please
use v0.4.0, not latest "next"

On 24/09/2019 15:40, Claus Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up ODR-SourceCompanion on a RPI4.
> But I cannot seem to come past the ./bootstrap command.
>
> *./bootstrap: 3: ./bootstrap: autoreconf: not found*
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Claus Juul Nielsen
> Denmark

Matthias Brändli

Sep 24, 2019, 10:16:17 AM9/24/19
to crc-mm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claus,

probably libtool is missing.

mpb

On 24/09/2019 16:12, Claus Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> After installing Autotools-dev and autoconf, I get another error message:
> **
> *./bootstrap
> configure.ac:14: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1*
> > an email to crc-mm...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:crc-mmbtools...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crc-mmbtools/b5d684bf-2f5b-4281-97a1-6281af9504f4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crc-mmbtools/b5d684bf-2f5b-4281-97a1-6281af9504f4%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crc-mmbtools/e3e0bce7-9000-4eed-ace1-eb34a4bcef4b%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/crc-mmbtools/e3e0bce7-9000-4eed-ace1-eb34a4bcef4b%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Claus Nielsen

Sep 24, 2019, 11:01:02 AM9/24/19
to mmbtools
You are right again. This is a fresh install so I just run the whole Debian.sh script.
Now I can compile ODR-SourceComanion - But whe running it I still get error about mussing lbfdk-aac

odr-sourcecompanion -h
odr-sourcecompanion: error while loading shared libraries: libfdk-aac.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

>     > <mailto:crc-mmbtools+unsub...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.

Gerard Lokhoff

Aug 18, 2020, 9:19:30 AM8/18/20
to mmbtools
I noticed that when trying to compile ODR-SourceCompanion on a linux mint machine I had to install the development version of libfdk-aac in stead of the runtime version.
I already had libfdk-aac1 on the machine, but ./configure required 'sudo apt-get install libfdk-aac-dev' first...