[We are CrazyAboutNewfoundland.com] Deer Lake INTERNATIONAL airport !!!!!!!!!...

1 view

Canada KDG

Mar 30, 2009, 1:41:10 PM3/30/09
to crazyaboutn...@googlegroups.com
At last !!!! Deer Lake Airport is declared as an international airport. Shame it didn't happen when British airways was looking for an airport to land prior to going on to New York (direct from City Airport).

Anyway ... its great news - and we all hope that the airport and its management can attract the international traffic the area desperately needs!

Lets ALL hope this will make the difference!!!
DG
_______

Western Star release:

The Deer Lake Regional Airport now holds Airport of Entry status.

The pronouncement of the status, along with $670,000 in new federal funding for the “enhancement of border services” at the airport, was made this morning at Deer Lake Regional Airport’s international arrivals lounge.

The news was delivered by Senator Fabian Manning on behalf of federal Minister of Public Safety, Peter Van Loan.

The immediate impact of the announcement, according to airport manager Jamie Schwartz, will be an increase in the airport’s ability to market itself for international flights.

“It gives us the opportunity to go out and pursue other new routes and other international traffic,” said Schwartz.

For more details, see Tuesday's Western Star.

--
Posted By Canada KDG to We are CrazyAboutNewfoundland.com on 3/30/2009 06:32:00 PM