Is Crashrpt working well for plugins ?

Alexandre Bouthéon

May 22, 2015, 4:24:57 AM5/22/15
to cras...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I intend to use Crashrpt for my application which is used as a plugin by a software (which is not coded by me) and I'd like to know :

  • If Crashrpt will only detect crashes from the plugin and not from the original software (assuming the software is not using Crashrpt of course ) ? e.g. the software crashes (independently from my plugin) , will I receive a crash report even if my plugin didn't crash ?

  • If Crashrpt can't tell the difference between crashes from the plugin and crash from the software, can I correct this by using crInstallThread() instead of crInstall() in my main thread ?

Thanks for your answers ! (I hope my questions aren't answered elsewhere, I searched in the doc but I didn't find any topic on the subject)