Provide exception message for C++ typed exceptions such as std::exception?

Sven Scharmentke

Aug 6, 2013, 5:36:41 AM8/6/13
to cras...@googlegroups.com
I am testing CrashRpt and it's awesome! Almost everything works as expected except one little thing and I think you can help me with this little problem.

Let us assume I have an example program with the following statement...

int main(...)
{
   .. Install cr

   throw std::exception("my exception");

   .. Uninstall cr
}

If I load the dump file into Visual Studio debugger I cannot see where the call was from - I end up in a CRT method but cannot see that I was in int main() in the callstack. Also I would like to see the exception message this is really important for me.

Then I tried to write a custom crash callback to catch the exception address cast it into my exception object and add the message as a custom property but this fails because the ExceptionAddress in the ExceptionRecord seems not to be the exception itself.

Does anybody got some hints for me?

Greetings

Anton Zhvakin

Apr 27, 2016, 4:39:58 AM4/27/16