Using Crashrpt in service applications

IK

May 3, 2016, 10:15:35 PM5/3/16
to Crashrpt
Hi,

Very interested in using Crashrpt, but would need to use it in an application(s) which runs as a service, so there would be no way to display a user interface (no MFC etc.). Is that support in CrashRpt or would I need to dig into the source code and make the modifications myself?

Has anyone done this before? Even the console app demo brings up a GUI dialog.

Thanks,
IK.

Jeroen Walter

May 12, 2016, 7:33:13 AM5/12/16
to Crashrpt
This is supported, one of the configuration options allows you to disable UI interaction.
We use this in our products, one of which is a Windows service.
Do something like this:

CR_INSTALL_INFO info;
// No GUI, we are a service
  info.dwFlags |= CR_INST_NO_GUI;