CRaSH 1.3.0-beta22 last beta

Julien Viet

May 28, 2014, 2:18:55 AM5/28/14
to crash...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

here is the beta22 release, this release should be the last beta and the next version will be the first release candidate for 1.3!

Here are the features of the beta22 release:

1/ less command : this was pending for a long time and there is now an initial version of the less command. Of course the implementation does not have all the bells and whistles of the native less command, nevertheless it does the job and it will get more features over time.

2/ FileRenderer : the new file renderer provide a tabular view of a stream of files, à la unix “ls”:

for example the following command:

class ls {
  @Command
  void main(InvocationContext<File> context) {
    for (File file : new File(".").listFiles()) {
      context.provide(file);
    }
  }
}

will produce

Inline image 2

2/ JMX support improvements for the command with an ObjectName completer, an ObjectName renderer and an MBeanInfo renderer

the ObjectName renderer:

Inline image 3

the MBeanInfo renderer:

Inline image 4

the ObjectName completion in action:

Inline image 6

3/ "jmx get” now accepts mbean arguments directly in addition of an mbean stream:

% jmx get java.lang:type=ClassLoading

4/ jmx find has been renamed to jmx query as the underlying operation is an MBeanServer query

As said earlier this should be the last beta, the next RC will get only fixes and/or minor improvements and I hope to get it out early next week. You are encourage to download this release and test it as much as you can to provide feedback.

Julien Viet

May 28, 2014, 10:05:08 AM5/28/14
to crash...@googlegroups.com
I found an issue with the new jmx command throwing an NPE in some cases.

The issue was corrected and I released the 1.0.0-cr1 sonner than expected.

Anyway now it is about getting 1.3.0 out :-)

the release should be synched with Maven in a few hours.

Julien Viet
julienviet.com