Proposal: 'Examples' module to demonstrate various use cases

Steve Storck

May 9, 2016, 6:24:46 PM5/9/16
to CRaSH User Group
Julien,

As a token of gratitude for all the help you have given me, I volunteer to write an examples module for the Crash repo.  I can either include it in the root pom's build, or not, as you prefer.  Just let me know.  I still have a few sticking points and hurdles to get past, but once I get my use-case(s) working (from thread https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/crash-users/96CXU3HBpwk), I will separate the various techniques into separate projects to clearly demonstrate how to get these things up and running.  I can also write an example project that integrates each of the concepts into a single and cohesive project.  As a learning experience, I might also write a few other use cases.  I'll write very thorough readme.md files, lots of javadoc and inline comments, and I'll include full test coverage for all of the sub-modules.  You have been very generous with your help, and I would like to pass on everything that I have learned in the process.  Do you think this would be helpful for the project and for the Crash community?  Let me know and I'd be happy to contribute.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Storck

May 27, 2016, 7:08:58 PM5/27/16
to CRaSH User Group
Julien, are you still around here occasionally?

Julien Viet

May 28, 2016, 2:36:47 AM5/28/16
to crash...@googlegroups.com
yes

I’m project lead now of Vert.x and that keeps me very busy.

I still care about this project, as I *really* put a lot of myself into it :-)

however I am not leading the CRaSH project anymore, I think if you want to contribute to this project, we can talk together with the eXo guys and it should be ok (you would need to sign a CLA)

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "CRaSH User Group".

Steve973

May 28, 2016, 2:00:36 PM5/28/16
to crash...@googlegroups.com
That sounds good to me.  There are a few things that I still need help with, but it would be great to capture it in the form of fully-functional examples that will help other people to get up and running really easily.  What's the next step?  Shoot me an email if you want with the details.

Thanks,
Steve

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné à un sujet dans le groupe Google Groupes "CRaSH User Group".

Julien Viet

May 28, 2016, 2:19:01 PM5/28/16
to crash...@googlegroups.com
I will send an email to the eXo guys and will tell you.

Steve973

May 28, 2016, 2:28:49 PM5/28/16
to crash...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Julien!

Steve Storck

Jun 21, 2016, 4:10:23 PM6/21/16
to CRaSH User Group
Hi, Julien.  Did you send an email to the exo guys and hear anything in response?

Thanks,
Steve

Julien Viet

Jun 21, 2016, 4:46:10 PM6/21/16
to crash...@googlegroups.com
yes I lacked of reactivity on the response, but I’ve jsut sent you an email about that, thanks for reminding me :-)