Fiberglass

James Pancoast

Jun 1, 2024, 11:32:41 PMJun 1
to crash-talk - Colorado Association of Space Hobbyists
Is there anyone in the Denver area that sells sheets of fiberglass?

Matt Boyles

Jun 2, 2024, 10:57:08 AMJun 2
to crash...@googlegroups.com
There is this place: https://www.professionalplastics.com/Denver_CO. And you can order it from wildmanrocketry.com.
If you need rolls of raw fiberglass fabric, plastic-care is a good place to start.

Matt B.

Typin' on my phone don't expect much.

On Jun 1, 2024, at 9:32 PM, James Pancoast <jam...@jpancoast.dev> wrote:

Is there anyone in the Denver area that sells sheets of fiberglass?

brian blueoats.net

Jun 2, 2024, 4:57:48 PMJun 2
to crash...@googlegroups.com
Depending on what thickness and how much you want I may have some...  I had to buy a 4 X 8 sheet.  Life time supply.

Jun 2, 2024, 7:02:13 PMJun 2
to crash...@googlegroups.com

I'm looking for something in the 6-8oz range.

--
James Pancoast

brian blueoats.net

Jun 2, 2024, 8:17:56 PMJun 2
to crash...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I thought you were looking for fiber glass sheet material, not fiber glass cloth.  Pre Matt's comments, Plastic-Care sells many weights of cloth.  Also, HomeDepot has glass cloth that may work for your project.  BTW, great to see you at NCR...  Rocket went Mach 2.4 to 25000'.  Burned off the launch lugs!

Jun 2, 2024, 11:27:32 PMJun 2
to crash...@googlegroups.com
Most boating stores sell cloth too for hull repair.

Sent from my Galaxy

fredman67

Jun 2, 2024, 11:27:36 PMJun 2
to crash...@googlegroups.com, fred...@q.com

Also:

They are in Englewood. They have fiberglass on huge rolls you can purchase by the foot, they also sell epoxy resin in bulk with filler fiber glass and the tools to work it.

Fred

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone

Jun 2, 2024, 11:31:51 PMJun 2
to crash...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the help everyone... I was just cleaning up my new workbench and getting ready to start testing the ejection on my new rocket and it turns out...

  1. I have some fiberglass cloth that'll work just fine
  2. I have two motors I could have used yesterday :/

--
James Pancoast

brian blueoats.net

Jun 3, 2024, 12:11:59 AMJun 3
to crash...@googlegroups.com
I'm always amazed what I find when I clean up also!  I find stuff I didn't even know what I had...

Sent: Sunday, June 2, 2024 9:31 PM

ricky

Jun 4, 2024, 8:31:56 PMJun 4
to crash...@googlegroups.com
Just a little warning if you go to Plasticare,

they also sell carbon fiber on rolls,
carbon fiber sleeve,
kevlar tape, fiberglass tape...

if you don't go in with a mission,
you'll leave with way more than you went in for.

they'll also give you the cardboard tubes if you ask.

Enjoy!