The Handmade Music Rundown for TONIGHT!

Carlyn maw

Feb 26, 2011, 11:09:12 AM2/26/11
to Crash-space-announcements
Fresh last night from Kevin...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: kevin <vacil...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: [crash] handmade music
To: crash...@googlegroups.com

So, a little program of events might be in store.. It's going to be a preetttty busy night.

In no particular order we'll have:

Craque is probably the most acoustic of the bunch, with a healthy dose of custom electronics.  Check out picture 3 here: http://bengibbsphotography.com/justin/  I'm very excited to hear how he plays the cactus!

Max Foreman has a custom Arduino-based controller named Murphy that plays nicely with Supercollider and Max/MSP to make droney walls of sound

Joe Newlin makes rhythm-heavy blips and blops using monome, guitar, and puredata.  He may or may not have been the founding member of the Sweaty Caps.  His music's at www.joenewlin.net

Andy Ben, Jeff Boynton, and company will be bringing the cutting edge of circuit bent vintage electronics.  Casios and Elmos and Furbys, Oh My!

Raymond Wietekamp, sometimes known as Altitude Sickness, will be showing off The Wekinator, which is Princeton slang for "cool A.I. music shit" http://wekinator.cs.princeton.edu/  If you ask nicely, he may drop a beat as well.

Rachel Koukal will be showing off an early prototype of the Kaossilele.  Yes.  Kaoss. ilele.

!* will have noiseys in tow, and will be teaching everyone how to solder PicoPaso and BitBlob Jr. kits from 5pm-7pm

The Sweaty Caps may or may not show up.  Rumor has it, one of their electrolytics let out the magic smoke and sent them into a parallel dimension.  Next time they'll use tantalums.

And yes, Clive, I will run the boards while you board the runs.

SO... See! You! Tomorrow!

xoxo
-k