This Week At CRASH Space - 2013-11-05

Theron Trowbridge

Nov 6, 2013, 12:54:58 AM11/6/13
to crash-space-...@googlegroups.com

Here's what coming up in the next week (or so) at CRASH Space

Learn To Code With Us

Wednesday 2013-11-06

8-10 PM

Informal weekly meetup for those interested in learning to program. More information the blog.

CRASH Net

Thursday 2013-11-07

9 PM

Baldwin Hills Repeater

Frequency: 146.925

Weekly ham radio chat on the Baldwin Hills repeater.

(This event does not take place at CRASH Space)

Mega Take-Apart

Saturday 2013-11-09

Noon

Monthly e-waste collection event - take apart VCRs, printers, and more, while watching Mystery Science Theater 3000

Caltech Entrepreneurs  Forum

Saturday 2013-11-09

9 AM

Tod will be giving a talk

So will Quin Etnyre (QTecknow)

http://www.entforum.caltech.edu/

(This event does not take place at CRASH Space)

Minecraft For N00bs

Saturday 2013-11-10

7 pm

http://www.lamakerspace.com/minecraft_for_n00bs_at_crash_space

Citizen Science

Sunday 2013-11-10

2-5 PM

http://blog.crashspace.org/2013/10/citizen-science-at-crash/

Radio Monday

Monday 2013-11-11

8 PM

Project Night

Ice Cream TUESDAY

Tuesday 2013-11-12

PUBLIC MEETING

8 PM

Bring $5 to cover materials costs

Pd Weekend

Saturday & Sunday

2013-11-15 & 16

We have a weekend of great Pure Data (Pd) events. Pd is an open-source visual programming language geared towards artists and musicians. We have several special guest instructors traveling here to present workshops on Saturday:

Pure Data + Raspberry Pi: The Adventure Continues (Miller Puckette)

DIY Live Sampling Microphone Build & Slice//Jockey (Katja Vetter)

Laptop Orchestrating with your Friends (Ico Bukvic)

Your Computer, Your Creativity (Jonathan Wilkes)

Handmade Music 4.0 (Saturday) - FREE

See performances from our instructors and local musicians in a wide variety of styles - live sampling, circuit bending, chiptunes, and more:

Jim Bumgardner

Joe Newlin

Andy Ben

Jeff Boynton

Timon Marmex

Raymond Weitekamp

Patching Circle (Sunday) - FREE
An informal gathering of anyone who is interested in patching languages (Pure Data, Max/MSP/Jitter, etc.). Beginners and experienced patchers are welcome. Open to everyone.

(This event will take place at the STAR Prep Academy, 10101 Jefferson Blvd., Culver City)

Laser Cutter Holiday Decorations Class

Saturday 2013-12-07 1 PM

Carlyn will teach how to make holiday decorations with the laser cutter - what materials to use and various cutting techniques.

Unless otherwise noted, all events take place at CRASH Space, 10526 Venice Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232.
Visit our website at crashspace.org.