[education@sparkfun.com: SparkFun Education Website Launch!]

Kevin Mark

Apr 19, 2012, 2:48:02 PM4/19/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
more interesting news.
http://learn.sparkfun.com/about
they have folks:
Lindsay Levkoff, Ph.D. — Director of Education
Linz Craig — Educational Outreach Coordinator
Jeff Branson — Educational Outreach Coordinator
Amanda Clark — Education Support Representative
Ben Leduc-Mills — Educational Outreach Coordinator

----- Forwarded message from SparkFun Electronics <educ...@sparkfun.com> -----

Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:28:46 -0600
To: Sparkfun <educ...@sparkfun.com>
Subject: SparkFun Education Website Launch!

Hi!

SparkFun s Department of Education is proud to welcome you to the SparkFun
education website www.learn.sparkfun.com. Here you ll find all sorts of
goodies relating to education and electronics. The DoE (Department of
Education) started in February of 2011 working towards making electronics and
technology a more integrated part of the education curriculum all over the
world. We provide resources for educators to teach 21st century hardware and
software skills. Every day we re dedicated to rounding up people from all
different walks of life and getting them interested in the world of
electronics. Our goal is to create fun and hands-on ways of helping people
learn skills that will last a lifetime. We love to watch people come up with
innovative projects and hope our site will offer some help along the way.
Welcome, and enjoy your journey!

If you have any questions about the site please contact educ...@sparkfun.com.

We look forward to collaborating with you!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
| .''`. == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' : The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

Good day to avoid cops. Crawl to school.

Jan

Apr 23, 2012, 9:06:14 PM4/23/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com

>SparkFun s Department of Education is proud to welcome you to the SparkFun
>education website   www.learn.sparkfun.com. Here you ll find all sorts of
>goodies relating to education and electronics.

Kevix, Thanks for the link.  The sparkfun site looks pretty interesting with lots of interesting resources...

Matt, there are two texts on this site you might want to check out:

Make: Electronics - BOK-09600
    Paperback: 350 pages
    Publisher: Make Books; 1st edition (December 17, 2009)
    ISBN-10: 0596153740
    ISBN-13: 978-0596153748

and less likely to be a good fit, but possibly still interesting...

Manga Guide to Electricity - BOK-11001
By Kazuhiro Fujitaki, Matsuda, and Trend-pro Co, Ltd.
ISBN: 978-1-59327-197-8
224 pages

Jan