Introducing another new member: Jesse Melhuish

Jan

Apr 3, 2012, 10:06:05 PM4/3/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com
I would like to introduce another new group member, Jesse Melhuish.  Jesse is a high school senior who I think I might have first met a couple of years back when he dropped by my office to talk about a robot he was designing and building.  I have thoroughly enjoyed having him in both C++ and Data Structures where I found him to be creative, hard-working, and self-motivated.  He enjoys learning and is the type of student who sends around interesting links to people he knows. Jesse has already taken 5 courses at Berea as a high school student and has just applied for regular admission this fall.  He is very interested in electronics, and since we still have one open labor position, I am planning to hold it for Jesse.

Welcome to craftofelectronics Jesse!!!

Mel Chua

Apr 3, 2012, 10:20:56 PM4/3/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com
> Welcome to craftofelectronics Jesse!!!

Hey, Jesse! Whoa, all sorts of awesome people showing up here. Sweet.

Jesse -- github account?
http://groups.google.com/group/craftofelectronics/browse_thread/thread/8b5739d01324ac2a
has the reason I'm asking.

Welcome!

--Mel

Jesse Melhuish

Apr 3, 2012, 10:24:51 PM4/3/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com
My github account: melhuishj

I am slightly familiar with git through my own project tracking, but not with github, forgive me for my newbishness on the matter.

Jesse

Mel Chua

Apr 3, 2012, 10:33:35 PM4/3/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com, Jesse Melhuish
On 04/03/2012 10:24 PM, Jesse Melhuish wrote:
> My github account: melhuishj
>
> I am slightly familiar with git through my own project tracking, but not
> with github, forgive me for my newbishness on the matter.

Github is user-friendly git, so you should have no trouble. I've just
added your account and Danny's to the collaborators list on
https://github.com/mchua/craftofelectronics-web, so you should now have
push access.

The first edit I'll suggest for each of you is to add your name (linked
to an URL of your choice) to the html of that page. See if you can
figure it out, holler if you want a tip/walkthrough (monitor your own
frustration/learning ratio). And if you can figure out how to do it
through a command line instead of the web interface, bonus points.

Git (and version control) is a weird thing if you haven't seen it
before, and I have no idea what your prior experience is, so *please*
holler if you're spending more than 10 minutes trying to figure any one
step out. This should be a nifty "oh, cool, I can do that!" first task,
not a blocker o' aggravation. And I'm totally happy to write out a
detailed walkthrough, I just thought I'd save myself some typing if need be.

--Mel

Jan

Apr 4, 2012, 7:09:51 AM4/4/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com, Jesse Melhuish
I am pearcej in github.  I don't think I have mentioned this before... Jan

Matt Jadud

Apr 4, 2012, 10:34:42 AM4/4/12
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 22:06, Jan <pea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> regular admission this fall.  He is very interested in electronics, and
> since we still have one open labor position, I am planning to hold it for
> Jesse.
>
> Welcome to craftofelectronics Jesse!!!

Likewise!

(I clearly read my inbox backwards this morning. Now all my prior
questions are answered. I think.)

Cheers,
Matt

Mel Chua

Apr 4, 2012, 11:15:36 AM4/4/12
On 04/04/2012 07:09 AM, Jan wrote:
> I am pearcej in github. I don't think I have mentioned this before... Jan

And you've been added as well, Jan. Everyone should be able to edit
their name into the website now; let me know what tips you need to get
there. ;)

--Mel