Content License for Craft Of Electronics Google Group

Matt

Apr 23, 2012, 3:32:39 PM4/23/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Given a question that came up in another context, it might be good to explicitly declare a license for content posted to this group. I don't know if we really can do that (that is, can *I* declare a content license for things that Mel writes when she posts to this group?), but I'm going to try.

Posts to this group should be assumed to be a Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 (Unported) license.

This has only come up because my intro to working openly has been borrowed once, and soon (possibly) twice. In both cases, the appropriate questions were asked, but we might as well be clear: please feel free to reuse and remix the contents of this list. This also serves as a reminder: the list is public, and should be viewed as a safe space to discuss, design, and debate an introductory (craft-first) approach to learning electronics.

If the licensing is an issue, please discuss here.

Cheers,
Matt

Jan

Apr 23, 2012, 4:09:03 PM4/23/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com
I am all for open.  Jan

Mel Chua

Apr 23, 2012, 6:23:28 PM4/23/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com, Matt
> Given a question that came up in another context, it might be good to
> explicitly declare a license for content posted to this group. I don't
> know if we really can do that (that is, can *I* declare a content
> license for things that Mel writes when she posts to this group?), but
> I'm going to try.

Technically, you can't. But I can -- I declare everything I've posted to
this list to be under CC-BY-SA-3.0. (Everyone who's posted on this list
should technically do the same.)

Going forward, since Matt's explicitly set a policy, all new posts are
licensed this way by default. I have just:

* updated the mailing list text on
http://groups.google.com/group/craftofelectronics to point to...

* a new http://craftofelectronics.org/#licensing section on the webpage,

* whose changes come from this commit --
https://github.com/mchua/craftofelectronics-web/commit/e71cb1a373dfa7bfef37ce8733859b828b3cbeec

Bam.

--Mel

Jan

Apr 23, 2012, 7:58:56 PM4/23/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com, Matt

>I declare everything I've posted to this list to be under CC-BY-SA-3.0. (Everyone who's posted on this list should technically do the same.)

I declare everything I've posted to this list to be under CC-BY-SA-3.0 Jan

Sebastian Dziallas

Apr 23, 2012, 9:28:26 PM4/23/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com

--Sebastian

Stephen Longfield

Apr 23, 2012, 9:31:45 PM4/23/12
to craftofel...@googlegroups.com
I declare all of my text that has been posted to this list to be under CC-BY-SA-3.0

--Stephen

(FYI I'm watching this list now, ever since Mel copied my e-mail over)