Bash on Saturday

suet...@hotmail.com

Jan 3, 2021, 5:52:27 PM1/3/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Hello All

Happy New Year to you all, I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year break.

We've been eating our way through much yummy Christmas fare and exercise is needed.

We are hares for next Saturday, 9 January. We're happy to lay a trail, or send a route map round. Tier 4 sadly means no pubs, drink stops or gathering but solo riders can meet up with another, or couples could swap round?

Could you let us know if you're interested and would come out?

No pressure but there was a great turn out for a shiggy hash this morning!

Sox and Horny xx

shamcoc...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 4, 2021, 4:55:46 AM1/4/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Shammy is IN !! U-Bend probably OUT ! (depending on shiggy content).

Helen Carson

Jan 4, 2021, 5:15:10 AM1/4/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year everyone!
Hi Sox,
Big Wheel will be opting out of this one, I've had Covid but I’m fine now, my only symptoms were my loss of taste and smell (i could lick a bar of soap or a lemon and not taste them!), my daughter brought it back from London.
I’ll keep away just incase. Neil had it bad but my sons didn’t get the virus probably because they are young!

Anyway, good luck with the Bash , Sox and Horny, it will be very well received as people need to get out of the house!

I’ll see you in February!
Can you send your email to the Hash groups too, thanks
BW (De-Floured)

Helen Carson

Nick Enge

Jan 4, 2021, 8:26:49 AM1/4/21
to 'shamcockindili@yahoo.co.uk' via crabs
Happy New Year to you!

Great, this sounds good to me, I'm up for following a trail, either solo or with a buddy

Nick

Steven Goldthorp

Jan 5, 2021, 1:37:23 PM1/5/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year!
NT and BG happy to follow a trail which we can do on Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to it! Given Covid escalation we're going into hibernation!

Jan 6, 2021, 6:48:18 AM1/6/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sox & Horny.
Thats great. Yes I should be on for following a local trail this Sat. Please could you ping out a route map as I was not good with staying on official trail for the Xmas Bash ( and no adhoc pubstops to divert yo this month ☹️👎)
I had better dig out and refill the XXL hipflask (a.k.a. the Bash "water" bottle) with some of my post-Christmas Spirit🍷
Anyone willing to join me along way would be most welcome. (BYO hipflask👍)
On on

T Bllx

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Jan 2021, at 22:52, suet...@hotmail.com wrote:

suet...@hotmail.com

Jan 6, 2021, 8:12:14 AM1/6/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Good to see a number of you motivated to get out on two wheels on Saturday 😃

We plan to have a trail out there by 10.30am  - over keen riders who catch us up will be handed the bag of flour!! 🤬

Maps will be distributed beforehand.

The usual WhatsApp is there for  communicating woes and dilemmas ( photos of any especially close shiggy encounters for our entertainment please) uplifting moments (?) and coordinating hip flask stops (social distancing mandatory & byo hip flask)

On on your bike

Sox and Horny

conrad Stroud

Jan 6, 2021, 8:54:01 AM1/6/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sox and Horny,

I may be interested in coming along providing I can fix the punctures on my bike in time.

Can you let me know where the trail will start please?

HGO.

suet...@hotmail.com

Jan 6, 2021, 2:08:42 PM1/6/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Conrad, and All

It will be great to see you. Good luck with the punctures. Buy some more inner tubes?

Start will be at the junction of kings hedges road with the B1049 Histon Road in North Cambridge/arbury, just south of the A14 Histon jctn. GR 444615.

We'll put an arrow on the map.

Saturday is sunny ☀️ with light winds 😀

On on to getting out in the fresh air

Sox and Horny

Rob Marshall

Jan 7, 2021, 3:12:37 PM1/7/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All, well what a beautiful day today - I completed a final recce of the trail for Saturday while Sox spent the day in the office processing University Astronomy applicants - who do you think had the better day?

So the trail is 19.96 miles long, I have removed one bad stretch of shiggy and apart from one very short remaining stretch the trail is all easily rideable, practically all off road or very minor roads - I recommend tyres with grip. The pub was shut but you still ride past it (sorry).

Some wimps have asked for maps - attached - you shouldn't need it as the trail will be exceptionally well laid. Ready from about 10:30 on the Guided Bus cycle path where Histon Road (B1049) meets Kings Hedges Road - see Street Map link below. Flour, Covid / Jungle Rules - no falsies, share your fun on the WhatsApp. No more than 2 riders together please.

Also big welcome to Hasn't Got One (Conrad) from the Sunday Hash - his first trail (I think) since I've been bashing - if you see him say hello.

Sox and Horny

Streetmap.co.uk provides on-line street level maps for the whole of the UK

Sent: 06 January 2021 19:08
PaperMap.jpg

John Burton

Jan 7, 2021, 3:54:08 PM1/7/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rob. I hope to get out for a solo jaunt
Johnboy
Sox and Horny

Helen Carson

Jan 8, 2021, 12:35:39 PM1/8/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for this Rob, have fun and I’ll see you in Feb .
By the way we need a February Hare, volunteers welcome.
Welcome to Conrad, Virgin Basher 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺!
See you all soon
Bigus Wheelus
On ! on!