Please help me run a 10K and raise sponsorship for Practical Action

croftcroyne

Oct 10, 2021, 7:54:14 AM10/10/21
to cr...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my Galaxy

Dear Bashers,

Here I am with the begging bowl asking if you would be willing to sponsor me to run the Cambridge Town and Gown 10K on October 16th.  Although I am quite fit, to do this I have been training over many weeks and only now am I confident that I can achieve the distance.  I am programmed to finally reach this on one of my training runs in the coming week.  I say that my main obstacles are various frailties of the (female) body, enough said.  Also too many holidays this summer (first world problem) have stopped me practising until relatively the last minute.  So it will be a challenge, and it will be all the easier if my friends can help me.

I have chosen Practical Action as my charity.  Instead of the “immediate relief” type of approach it puts in place innovative, low tech long term schemes that give the world’s poorest a healthier environment, more secure future, safe from hunger, repression, and lack of income and education.

I would be immensely grateful for any contribution in support of myself, my aims, and Practical Action. Here is the link:

https://www.justgiving.com/Steve-Goldthorp1.

Apologies if you have received this message by several means.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

Love from Ruth xx

Sent from my Galaxy