Bash - Saturday 12 March

1 view

Hannah Cooke

Mar 7, 2022, 4:57:33 PM3/7/22
to cr...@googlegroups.com
This Saturday there will be a bash!

There will hopefully be a pub lunch about 2/3rds of the way round!  (Who'd have thought the hardest part of setting a trail would be finding a pub to suit?)

Please can I have numbers for lunch: ideally on the whatsapp as I hate reply to all emails!

I rested my legs for the Camb Half with a recce, so I've waded through boggy mud in the dark so that you don't have to. Literally, as we're going to bypass that particular stretch.

So:

Start - Ashwell and Morden station at 10.45

Train from Cambridge is 10.24 (arriving 10.43).  Please aim to be on that one; if there is a problem with the number of bikes etc then there's another strictly for backup (10.27 - 10.51) but please then get moving quickly in order to be in good time for lunch.

Trail is a loop so get a return ticket.

If you want to drive, then park for free in Ashwell and it's 4k on road from there to the station.

The total loop is 40k/25 miles without any extras.  It is pretty muddy out there and I do like the offroad so recommend the chunkiest option that you have for comfort, but I rode my gravel bike for the recce with no problems except for the above-mentioned track that we're going to skip.

Three blobs and you're on. Circle is a check.  We'll use arrows if we think that you might need a hand, so just follow them (ie not check/turn backs).

If you're staying for the On Inn then I'd recommend having lights for the last stretch back to the station.

Do you need to know anything else?

Reminder: if you're on the whatsapp then go there now and tell me if you're coming for lunch booking purposes.

Thanks

DB and Pongo

Jeremy Johnson

Mar 7, 2022, 6:05:09 PM3/7/22
to CRABs
Sorry, guys - Boundary Run means I'm probably going to have to skip this one.  In a short chat tonight, though, I have more-or-less agreed to lay a trail somewhere around Bendigo in April, though... :-)

FF

Hannah Cooke

Mar 9, 2022, 5:32:49 PM3/9/22
to cr...@googlegroups.com
I just realised that a subsequent email that I thought I'd sent to everyone I had actually only sent to Crabbo!

So far I think that we have yes's from Nick W, Winston, TB, Short Circuit, RTT and Leggeless. Maybes from Kristy, Crabbo, Sox and Horny.

We need to preorder lunch by Thursday night. Menu attached - just read the first part and ignore the Sunday section. If you can't commit in advance to attending then you'll just have to be patient with them I imagine.

Pongo has put a fancy list link on the whatsapp but if you struggle to use it (my phone wanted me to download something), or aren't on whatsapp at all, then welcome to just drop me a message.

Again, let me know if you have any questions,

DB

Mar 9, 2022, 6:08:40 PM3/9/22
to hannah...@hotmail.co.uk, cr...@googlegroups.com
Hello DB,

I've filled in the menu spreadsheet on mobile CRABS, but in case that doesn't work I'm opting for the veg. filled pasta.

Many thanks.

RTT  💩

Mar 10, 2022, 3:28:21 AM3/10/22
to cr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hannah

This is great, looking forward to the ride and seeing some new terrain.

I tried using the whatapps s/s but it wouldn’t allow me to add any new rows, so please put me down for a CLASSIS ITALIAN PIZZA

Thanks

Short Circuit

Homes England is the trading name of the Homes and Communities Agency. Our address for service of legal documents is One Friargate, Coventry, CV1 2GN. VAT no: 941 6200 50. Unless expressly agreed in writing, Homes England accepts no liability to any persons in respect of the contents of this email or attachments.

Please forward any requests for information to: inf...@homesengland.gov.uk

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please reply to this e-mail highlighting the error to the sender, then immediately and permanently delete it.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.

For information about how we process data and monitor communications please see our Personal Information Charter.