First Thirstday Hash, 7pm this Thursday 2nd May, @ Green Man in GRANCHESTER (not Trumpington)

Jeremy Johnson

Apr 28, 2024, 9:34:52 PMApr 28
to Cantabrigensis Hash House Harriers, St Radegund RADC, CRABs, CH3
Dear Minions

I am reliably informed that you lot have collectively USED UP APRIL - I have checked the year-fridge, and it's true -  there is almost NO April left in the April-jar!   How on earth did you manage to stuff down so much April so quickly?   Have you no self-control?  Was there no frozen black-forest gateau left in the emergency black-forest-gateau-compartment?   As a result of your gluttony, it is my solemn duty as absolute ruler* to organise ANOTHER month for you to binge-out on.  Which of course means there will be another first-Thirstday to celebrate.

Accordingly, there will be a FIRST THIRSTDAY HASH.  This month, we will be returning to our origins, to re-live the heady days of the First First Thirstday Hash in Granchester.  And fittingly enough, our beloved founder and supreme mistress**, MissObediance will be both hare and GM.   To show her the proper respect, you should come dressed only in a bright yellow (or blue) IKEA laundry-bag (without matching underwear), and be prepared to thrash each other with birch-twigs before, after (and possibly during) the hash.  I think that sometimes people use the excuse of having just crammed themselves into a hot steamy room to explain away that kind of behaviour, but the newly-refurbished Radegund hasn't descended to quite that stage of sweaty post-hash squalor yet, so you'll just have to lie back and think of Sweden.

For those who find geography too confusing, the Green Man can be found using your (or your significant-other's) mobile device-thing here:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/NpsLkHSVx351JRHz7  .  You will note that googlemaps is aware of our intent, because it has prepended the word 'Vera' to the name of the pub, indicating to the faithful the correct pre-hash drink to consume before setting off into the blissful spring-like driving sleet.    There is food available (menu here: https://www.veragreenman.co.uk/menus)  but it's not clear how long the kitchens stay open for.

So, there you have it.  A Plan.  For Thursday.  Were you really planning to do anything else?  Be there, or explain yourself to the Founder and her Sword of Inquiry...

GMFF

* with absolute immunity from absolutely any future charges, just in case any of you were thinking of taking this to the supreme court..

** ..if you are called Richard...

Jeanette Friggebo

May 2, 2024, 5:52:48 AMMay 2
to Jeremy Johnson, Cantabrigensis Hash House Harriers, St Radegund RADC, CRABs, CH3
Driving sleet?? Lies, lies, lies. The rain will be over by 6pm according to God and weatherandradar.co.uk, so only the hare will get wet. And not in a nice way.

See you in Grantchester!
Miss O xx

to Cantabrigensis Hash House Harriers, St Radegund RADC, CRABs, CH3
JUst a reminder that your presence is required at the Green Man in Granchester this evening at 7pm for the First THirstday Hash.  MissObedience will be waiting for you - don;t let her down!

GMFF