Bash 13 January

Tony Segadelli

Jan 6, 2024, 4:13:01 AMJan 6
to cr...@googlegroups.com

The upcoming Bash will be at 11am from Baldock Station on Saturday 13 January

The best train is 10:14 from Cambridge which arrives at 10:43

Due to expected ground conditions it will be mostly on road

Guaranteed to be the best ride so far under the new Big Wheel

Please let me know by the end of Tuesday your food preference

Main menu.pdf

James Barrell

Jan 6, 2024, 7:52:53 AMJan 6
to cr...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there, fish & chips with mushy peas please!
Lardydah

Stephen Thompson

Jan 7, 2024, 10:33:22 AMJan 7
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Shammy here.....

FOOD !

U-Bend requests : Chicken, bacon & mozzarella salad.

Shammy requests : Pizza SPECIAL !!

A question about TRAINS : Do we buy a SINGLE ticket to Baldock or a RETURN to and from Baldock??

Please advise.

So ask Shammy & U-Bend

Stephen Thompson
76 High Street
Chesterton
Cambridge CB4 1NF
United Kingdom

E-Mail :shamcoc...@yahoo.co.uk

Home : +44 (0)1223 478750
Mobile : +44 (0) 7587 048 645

Skype  : shamcock

Tony Segadelli

Jan 7, 2024, 11:16:23 AMJan 7
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Return ticket

It starts and ends in Baldock

Your return can be any time that day (even though you have to put a time in if you buy through trainline)

ONON

Shaggy

Rob Linney

Jan 8, 2024, 7:23:38 AMJan 8
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shaggy.
Please deal me in for Fish chips and mushy peas on this Sat’s ride.
See you all at Talking Baldocks🚴🏿🍻
TB

Sent from my iPhone

Rob Marshall

Jan 8, 2024, 3:40:00 PMJan 8
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shaggy BW. I’ll have the beef lasagne please. Sox’s order to follow. Looking forward to it.

Horny (no e - despite the fact they put one on my 200 run sweatshirt for the Sunday hash 😡!).

Sent from Outlook for iOS

Jan 8, 2024, 4:49:32 PMJan 8
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Shaggy,
Horny gets very upset if you add an ‘e’, I did that during my reign as BW.
DeF

Helen Carson 0781 4144635

Tony Segadelli

Jan 8, 2024, 4:56:57 PMJan 8
to cr...@googlegroups.com
An "e" to what?

Rob Marshall

Jan 9, 2024, 5:59:43 AMJan 9
to cr...@googlegroups.com

Jan 9, 2024, 2:04:36 PMJan 9
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All - the train from Cambridge Main Station is not 10:14, it is 10:06, I thought it seemed a big gap in time from the Cam North departure.

So:-
Cam North  10:01
Cambridge  10:06
Baldock       10:43

See you all Saturday.

Sent: 09 January 2024 18:53

Alison Deary

Jan 9, 2024, 2:24:14 PMJan 9
to cr...@googlegroups.com
I think the train arrives in  Cambridge at 10.06, but it doesn’t leave until 10.14. Plenty of time to stow your bikes! Have fun!

Rob Marshall

Jan 9, 2024, 2:35:05 PMJan 9
to cr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Alison - you are correct and I stand corrected - apologies that I doubted the Big Wheel and confused all (although in my defence there is less chance TB misses it if we tell him an earlier time).

Weird that if you show journey times on the app I use, starting from Cam North it shows 10:06 but all other times shown are departure times from each station.

Jan 9, 2024, 2:38:56 PMJan 9
to cr...@googlegroups.com
I agree, it is odd to show arrival time just for that one station. I only know the it waits a long time at Cambridge because I travel on trains a lot.

Sue Tilney

Jan 9, 2024, 3:14:03 PMJan 9
to cr...@googlegroups.com
It makes sense to me that it gives arrival time. If you're traveling from cam north to cam you want to get off at 10.06, not sit on the train until 10.14. I assume it's  the only station on the route with a wait time