First Thirstday hash THIS THURSDAY, the St. Radegund (King St), 7pm

1 view

Jeremy Johnson

Jun 4, 2024, 12:36:06 PMJun 4
to Cantabrigensis Hash House Harriers, CH3, St Radegund RADC, CRABs
Greetings, mere mortals!

On account of the way numbers work, this Thursday will be the first-ever Thursday in June, 2024.  In order to keep the brain-eating cyborg hamsters at bay, we must therefore conduct the rite of FirstThirstDay, for which purpose a FIRST THIRSTDAY HASH will be held.   Since it is summer*, the days are long and the light is good, tradition holds that we should depart this throbbing metropolis for a distant village, where they might not have heard of us and therefore won't chase us all up trees and set fire to them the second we set off.  But tradition is (of course) bollocks, so the First Thirstday Hash this month will be at...

The St. Radegund

.. or "The Rad", as it now calls itself.    For those requiring directions* the googlemaps link is here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/WAfDk34NaJsnM8XF7 .  There won't be food, but the exquisitely-presented delights of the Michelin-starred*** "Super-kebab-house" are a mere 200m away.  I am assured by the bar-staff that there will be beer, and that some of it might not be eye-wateringly expensive.  I will attempt to get the pub to store your mountains of grubby babbage.  The trail will be relatively short, allowing the older members of the hash to re-mark their former territory at leisure, and for once the circle will be quite early.  So, be there, or (by your lack of attendance), permit the brain-eating cyborg hamsters to decimate our species.

GMFF

*allegedly
**  anyone under about 30
*** "crossed-off", to be precise