Sell?

Jabbok

Apr 10, 2013, 11:41:36 AM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
I have begun to think about letting my CR-48 go, Its still in perfect working condition, good battery life, power cable works great. little but normal wear on the surface near the edges/corners. How much would people be willing to buy it for?

valerie gould

Apr 10, 2013, 11:51:26 AM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com

Does the wi fi work?

On Apr 10, 2013 10:41 AM, "Jabbok" <jaya...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have begun to think about letting my CR-48 go, Its still in perfect working condition, good battery life, power cable works great. little but normal wear on the surface near the edges/corners. How much would people be willing to buy it for?

From the "Cr-48 Test Pilots" Google Group.

Jabbok

Apr 10, 2013, 11:55:20 AM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
YES! nothing has really "broken", the only fix I made was the screen hinge was getting weak so I went in and strengthened it with epoxy, been perfect ever since.

valerie gould

Apr 10, 2013, 1:05:04 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com

What were you asking?

Jabbok

Apr 10, 2013, 1:18:39 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
I have no clue what the cr-48 would be worth, and i am thinking about selling it, what does everyone think its worth?

valerie gould

Apr 10, 2013, 1:57:45 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com

Its hard to name a price since they were free to us.

Jabbok

Apr 10, 2013, 2:02:50 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
hence the question, I wanted to get a few opinions

valerie gould

Apr 10, 2013, 2:09:05 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com

$100?

Dave Fengler

Apr 10, 2013, 2:10:17 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
I'd guess $50 since the new $250 models are probably built better and you can't get parts or service on the CR-48.  I used my CR-48 every day for the first year.  They I started using my older Toshiba laptop and found how slow the CR-48 was.  I didn't keep the battery charged and it ran out.  I was unable to get it to charge again.  I did find someone with a CR-48 45 minutes away who let me put my battery in his and "reset" the battery and allowed me to charge it.  Until it ran out again.  Now I can only run it on AC power.  It's mainly a curiosity piece.  I fire mine up to update it every month or so.

valerie gould

Apr 10, 2013, 2:17:50 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com

Thats a fair price

Jabbok

Apr 10, 2013, 3:05:09 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
that is my main debate, i still use it regularly but its more of a curiosity piece, I figure its not worth much, (as has been discussed) so let someone else play, or just keep it as a toy? its a pretty good internal debate haha!

Dave Fengler

Apr 10, 2013, 3:36:50 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
That's why I've kept mine.  It's somewhat useful but slow.  I vote keep it as a toy.

bob3160

Apr 10, 2013, 5:28:44 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
Think I'll  keep mine till it turns into an antique. :)

valerie gould

Apr 10, 2013, 5:42:50 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com

Mine still works but the wifi adaptor is broken so it has an umbilical cord.

LouisT

Apr 10, 2013, 10:33:18 PM4/10/13
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
I've kept mine because when I visit my family in the middle of no where montana.. I can still use the data access there.. where my att cell doesn't even get reception.. silly reason I know. but they don't even have dial up LOL ..