CR-48 Support Life

193 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

MaxPower9

belum dibaca,
22 Feb 2013, 22.34.4322/02/13
kepadacr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
Anyone have an idea of how long Google will continue to release updates for the CR-48?

MP

Steve Pirk

belum dibaca,
23 Feb 2013, 02.10.3823/02/13
kepadacr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
I would imagine that as long as your Cr-48 stays running, it will continue to get updates. If you are on the dev channel, you should have gotten an update yesterday evening or today. Now that I have said that, I decided to log into my Cr-48 and check to see how long it takes to see that there was an update released last night :)

I suppose there may come a time when the tweaks to Chrome OS start to exceed the capabilities of the hardware in the Cr-48, but so far, mine is still keeping up. As long as Google releases updates to Chrome OS, I imagine that the Cr-48 will install them. Nothing I have seen or heard would indicate otherwise.

I might have a couple of keys on my Cr-48 where the letters have been rubbed out, but the machine still runs and gets updates very shortly after my Acer AC700 gets them. Sometimes the Cr-48 gets them first. Your mileage may vary, but I do not think there will be a hardware cutoff date where the Cr-48 gets abandoned. I look at it as "almost 3 years, and it is as up to date as a brand new Chromebook". That says a lot about how Chrome OS was designed.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM, MaxPower9 <cha...@murff.net> wrote:
Anyone have an idea of how long Google will continue to release updates for the CR-48?

MP

From the "Cr-48 Test Pilots" Google Group.

A Wohl

belum dibaca,
7 Okt 2014, 09.35.1007/10/14
kepadacr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
MP,

I recently read that the EOL is 12/2015  (Sad but true):

HTH,
ATLR
(Adam)
Balas ke semua