Save locally

Ralph Stoos

Jan 4, 2014, 12:10:40 PM1/4/14
to cr-48-test-pilots
Does anyone have info on how to save files locally on the CR-48??  I have Flash drive or USB HD.
Ralph H. Stoos Jr.

DennisLfromGA

Jan 4, 2014, 12:38:44 PM1/4/14
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
@Ralph, You should be able to do what you want with the built-in File Manager. Plug in your USB stick and, if it doesn't open on it's own, press 'Alt-Shift-m' or select 'Files' from the App menu to open the File Manager, then drag'n'drop your files in to your desired location(s).

Susan

Jan 4, 2014, 10:42:53 PM1/4/14
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
Yes I know!! You can do what other person said or you can left click and pick save. Then if you like you can even save it to your Google Drive also. When you click "file manager" from your app list, you will see Downloads and Google drive. When you open the manager, most likely it will open in the Downloads view. Good luck!

Susan

Jan 5, 2014, 7:35:26 PM1/5/14
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
@Ralph H. Stoos Jr.   Sorry Ralph I re-read your question and I see you are referring to saving a file on a flash drive or using your usb port! I just realized exactly what you are asking...you can do what the other guy said about dragging and dropping OR you should still be able to save them by left clicking and choosing Save, just make sure you are open to the drive that you want to do the saving in!!! It should have the different names of your "drives", i.e., Downloads, Google Drive, flash drive (can't recall what the cr-48 will call it), etc., etc.  Let us know if you got it figured out! Good Luck and Happy New Year 2014, BTW!

Ralph Stoos

Jan 10, 2014, 5:41:45 PM1/10/14
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
I got it to work.  As an old guy I take really good care of my "donated by Google" CR-48.  It is real handy and now I can save locally.  Being real careful, this device should last me a long time.

Ralph H. Stoos Jr.

From the "Cr-48 Test Pilots" Google Group.

DennisLfromGA

Jan 10, 2014, 5:50:20 PM1/10/14
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
@Ralph, Glad you got it working. I've still got my original Cr-48 and it looks and works just fine - maybe a little slow with the newer versions nowadays...

A Wohl

Oct 7, 2014, 9:28:44 AM10/7/14
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ralph,

I just retired one and have two left.  You take relly good care of her and she will last.
Be forewarned, get any kind of help you need now, because:
1. http://cr-48.wikispaces.com/ goes offline on 11/15/2014 (ou can download an archive here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hzx76hz61jj4bpw/cr-48.zip
2. Google's End Of Life (EOL) for the CR-48 is 12/2015

These little boxes changed m Wife and My live's for the best and are still saving us so much money!

Hope that helps, best of luck!
ATLR - Red Headed "Step Chromie"
(Adam)

A Wohl

Oct 7, 2014, 9:38:04 AM10/7/14
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
Ralph here is more info from Google on the EOL Policy:
ATLR/Adam