For performance improvements...

6sigma

Jul 15, 2015, 7:40:59 PM7/15/15
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
...I plan to buy a new Chromebook and retire the Cr-48. Where can I learn what the default extensions are on a new Chromebook and how can I prevent my Google sign in from populating the new Chromebook with all my old extensions and apps?

Thanks.

Will Lentz

Jul 15, 2015, 7:45:55 PM7/15/15
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com

Curious, what are you doing with the old chromebook, my dog actualy attacked my cr-48 been looking for a replacment to it so i can remember the good ole days of the cr48

On Jul 15, 2015 6:41 PM, "6sigma" <steve....@gmail.com> wrote:
...I plan to buy a new Chromebook and retire the Cr-48. Where can I learn what the default extensions are on a new Chromebook and how can I prevent my Google sign in from populating the new Chromebook with all my old extensions and apps?

Thanks.

From the "Cr-48 Test Pilots" Google Group.

6sigma

Jul 15, 2015, 9:17:51 PM7/15/15
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
Will:

I'll make that decision after getting the new Chromebook & comparing its performance.

SP

Steve

Jul 17, 2015, 10:07:50 AM7/17/15
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
How much is a used CR-48 worth? Mine is rarely used. I think I should keep it forever as they are pretty rare. But for the right price?

AdMan The Lab Rat

Jul 19, 2015, 4:45:35 PM7/19/15
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
WOW!  CR-48's are selling for $99 - $249.85 on eBay. Average price is $150...

We are Not but IF we were in the market...
We would buy this one for $100 it sez.."comes with Original Box and Un-Opened Stickers" (Very Rare)

We have three, two of which work fine and the third (may she rest in peace) will, if necessary in the future, be cannibalized for parts (specifically hinges). Right now... they are hooked into our security system and are great portable IP Cams.

Keep us posted please,
AdManTheLabRat

Steve

Jul 21, 2015, 10:41:51 AM7/21/15
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
Since the prices are not that high, mine may just become a paperweight.

DennisLfromGA

Jul 21, 2015, 1:45:02 PM7/21/15
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
Well, mine still works, albeit at a snails pace, and the hinges are slightly askew.
I'm keeping it for nostalgic reasons mostly; I learned this lesson the hard way, I should have hung on to my VIC-20, C-64's, and especially Amiga's - oh well...

Ralph Stoos

Dec 2, 2015, 10:40:39 PM12/2/15
to cr-48-te...@googlegroups.com
I must be such an old geezer as I have always opened my CR-48 from dead-center on the cover.  My son is using it now for college and was tutored on making it last.

I have used it ever since Google sent it to me and have had zero troubles.  Though the battery had gone once but came back by shutting down Chrome and removing and reconnecting the battery.  Cleaned battery contacts and reinstalled the battery with the charger on.  Came right up and the battery took the charge.  It should last me for a long time if my son takes the care he has been trained to do.  Will then be happy to use it again.

Will keep this forever as a sign to my sons that Google thought I would be a good person to try this out.  Sent them 12 pages of suggestions on improvements.

Ralph H. Stoos Jr.