Are there any drop-in replacement Motherboards?

Andrew

Nov 19, 2015, 3:22:06 PM11/19/15
to Cr-48 Test Pilots

I'm talking disassemble the Cr48, take everything off of the motherboard, take the motherboard out, put a new one in, plug everything back into the new board, close laptop up. I severely doubt it. However I figure ask. One never knows.

As well ask for a drop in board with a socketed CPU, has two ram slots and a board that supports up to eight gigs. Since this likely does not exist, who could we go to in order to design one and have it built?

Why? It'l be expensive compared to just getting a new laptop after all. However i like how.... clean it looks. The single USB port is meh but it is a very clean design. While mine currently is a media center bogs plugged into my TV I would like to breath a little life into it.