Joy Ellison update: Visa extended!

Joy Ellison

Jul 2, 2008, 12:37:30 PM7/2/08
to cpt...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends!

I have good news for you - today I got my visa extended!  The process was fairly painless and I will be able to stay for the two additional months I had planned.  Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.  I'm very grateful.

As those of you who have been following the news have probably guessed, life hasn't been easy here.  Palestinians in the South Hebron Hills have been contending with road blocks, demolition orders, and settler attacks.  I've been writing quite a bit, but it's hard to keep pace with everything that's been going on.  As usual, I've been posting to my blog, http://inpalestine.blogspot.com  Here are a few highlights:

A description of my daily life: http://inpalestine.blogspot.com/2008/07/sowhat-do-you-do-any-way-its-been-while.html

Information on settler attacks in Susiya: http://inpalestine.blogspot.com/2008/06/as-those-of-you-who-follow-news-from.html

Follow-up on Susiya: http://inpalestine.blogspot.com/2008/06/susiya-attacks-round-up-thanks-to.html

Some thoughts on Barak Obama's AIPAC speech: http://inpalestine.blogspot.com/2008/06/can-i-get-witness-obama-on-israel-iran.html

There's a lot more information on my blog, so go check it out.  I hope to finish up a couple of reflection pieces on my experiences here and email them out to all of you soon.

Thanks so much for all of your support.  It means a lot to me.

Peace,
Joy

--
inpalestine.blogspot.com