Update: Shootings, Soldiers Mooning, Olive Trees Cut, Cistern contaminated, etc.

Joy Ellison

Feb 1, 2008, 10:09:23 AM2/1/08
to cpt...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

Greetings from Hebron!  I'm away from Tuwani on a day off and recovering from some intestinal issues.  I'm feeling pretty good and eager to share what has been going on here lately.  First the good news, shepherds from the villages of Tuba and Magher Al Abeed have started a wonderful campaign to get a piece of their land back.  Everyday, when the weather allows for grazing, they've been taking their sheep to a valley that where Israeli settlers have been expanding their settlements.  They've been threatened in all sorts of ways, but their determination seems to be growing.

And now the bad news.  Tuwani has been incredibly busy.  Here's a run down of all that's been happening:

Settlers shot at Palestinian shepherds (VIDEO!): http://inpalestine.blogspot.com/2008/02/at-tuwani-christian-peacemaker-teams_01.html

Soldiers moon Palestinian shepherds (VIDEO!):  http://inpalestine.blogspot.com/2008/02/at-tuwani-christian-peacemaker-teams.html

Settlers destroy Palestinian property, in various incidents: http://inpalestine.blogspot.com/2008/01/it-feels-wonderful-to-be-back-in-at.html

Beit Ummar and convoy to Gaza:  http://inpalestine.blogspot.com/2008/02/beit-ummar-beit-ummar-village-north-of.html

I apologize that I'm not able to write more my own involvement, but I'm supposed to be resting any way.  ;-)  I have written an essay that should be sent out over CPT-net soon, but hasn't yet.  Soon!

Take care,
Joy
--
inpalestine.blogspot.com