CBMC Release 5.5

Daniel Kroening

Aug 22, 2016, 9:53:57 AM8/22/16
to cpr...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of CBMC version 5.5.

This is a major release, with significant changes. The option
--all-properties is now the default; to restore the previous behaviour,
use --stop-on-fail. The primary area of attention was again the Java
front-end. We have furthermore added test-suite generation for branch
coverage, location coverage, condition coverage, decision coverage and
MC/DC.

CBMC 5.5 is available in binary form at http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/ for
the following architectures:

* Linux:
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5-5-linux-32.tgz
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5-5-linux-64.tgz

Recall that CBMC packages come with Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora.

* Windows (32 bit and 64 bit):
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5-5-win.zip

* MacOS X binary for 64 bit Intel for OS X 10.6 or higher:
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5-5.pkg

The source code is available at

http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5.5-src.tgz

From source, binaries for FreeBSD 10 and Solaris 11 can be built. Note
that CBMC has required a C++11 compiler since version 5.3.

As a reminder, the HTML-based manual is available at:

http://www.cprover.org/cprover-manual/

You may also be interested in the following papers:

* Sound Static Deadlock Analysis for C/Pthreads
http://www.kroening.com/publications/view-publications-kpsw2016.html

* Assisted Coverage Closure
http://www.kroening.com/publications/view-publications-nkckst2016.html

With best regards,