CBMC Release 5.4

Daniel Kroening

Mar 16, 2016, 4:31:25 PM3/16/16
to cpr...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of CBMC version 5.4.

This is a minor release, focused primarily on maintenance. The primary
area of attention was again the Java front-end. We have also updated to
Minisat 2.2.1.

CBMC 5.4 is available in binary form at http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/ for
the following architectures:

* Linux:
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5-4-linux-32.tgz
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5-4-linux-64.tgz

Recall that CBMC packages come with Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora.

* Windows (32 bit and 64 bit):
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5-4-win.zip

* MacOS X binary for 64 bit Intel for OS X 10.6 or higher:
http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5-4.pkg

The source code is available via SVN at
http://www.cprover.org/svn/cbmc/releases/cbmc-5.4 or via

http://www.cprover.org/cbmc/download/cbmc-5.4-src.tgz

From source, binaries for FreeBSD 10 and Solaris 11 can be built. Note
that CBMC has required a C++11 compiler since version 5.3.

As a reminder, the HTML-based manual is available at:

http://www.cprover.org/cprover-manual/

You may also be interested in the following papers:

* Formalizing and Checking Thread Refinement for Data-Race-Free
Execution Models
http://www.kroening.com/papers/tacas2016-1.pdf

* Synthesising Interprocedural Bit-Precise Termination Proofs
http://www.kroening.com/papers/ase2015.pdf

With best regards,

Daniel