cbmc generated 0 vcc(s), always successful

reico ming

Oct 17, 2021, 11:26:20 AM10/17/21
to CProver Support
I have installed CBMC version 5.41.0 (cbmc-5.41.0) 64-bit x86_64 windows for my Visual Studio 2019 and I tried to exam a bug project. but it shows verification successfully.
And I tried to install CBMC version 5.10 (cbmc-5.10) 64-bit x86_64 linux for my subsystem linux. When it is done, I think this problem would be solved. I am sorry to tell this still fails.
Why this happen! I really need your help.1.jpg2.jpg

Thomas Spriggs

Oct 22, 2021, 1:02:01 PM10/22/21
to cprover...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Assuming you were expecting cbmc to detect the out of bounds array access, you need to pass the --pointer-check argument to cbmc in order to enable bounds checking. Hope that helps.

Thomas

--

---

Diffblue Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales number 09958102. Registered office 10 St Ebbes Street, Oxford, OX1 1PT, UK