invariant check failed

Song YANG

Dec 10, 2019, 5:48:12 AM12/10/19
to CProver Support

Hello,
I got errors such as invariant check failed, when I verified my project using CBMC-5.11.
Does anyone know how to solve this?
The error message is shown below :

Dec 10, 2019, 1:37:07 PM12/10/19
to cprover...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2019-12-10 at 02:32 -0800, Song YANG wrote:
> Hello,
> I got errors such as invariant check failed, when I verified my
> project
> using CBMC-5.11.
> Does anyone know how to solve this?

Possibly. What is happening is that you are triggering an internal
error in the back-end of CBMC. Is the code you are analysing
manipulating pointers in unusual ways?

There are three things that would help diagnose this:

A. Exactly which version of CBMC you are using, what platform, what
flags are set, etc.

B. A small sample of the code that triggers this problem.

C. If you are building CBMC from source on Linux please, uncomment the
following lines in config.inc:

# Select optimisation or debug info
#CXXFLAGS += -O2 -DNDEBUG
CXXFLAGS += -O0 -g

# With GCC this adds function names in stack backtraces
LINKFLAGS = -rdynamic

rebuild (make clean ; make) and run so that the backtrace contains more
information.

HTH

Cheers,
- Martin