Getting NAN as trace even after using isnormal()

Sunandan Adhikary

Aug 20, 2019, 2:19:11 AM8/20/19
to cprover...@googlegroups.com
HI,
I am trying to generate a trace for a program. As I was getting NaN as the value of the non_det float variable in trace I used isnormal() function to omit that trace. Still, it doesn't work! I am getting NaN in the trace.
Is there any problem regarding nondet_float() function or there is any problem regarding isnormal() ?

Regards,
Sunandan Adhikary

Michael Tautschnig

Aug 20, 2019, 2:35:54 AM8/20/19
to cprover...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Would you be able to share an example program exhibiting the problem you described? Otherwise it is impossible to help you debug what is going wrong here.

Thanks,
Michael
--

---

Martin Nyx Brain

Aug 20, 2019, 10:23:49 AM8/20/19
On Tue, 2019-08-20 at 11:48 +0530, Sunandan Adhikary wrote:
> HI,
> I am trying to generate a trace for a program. As I was getting *NaN*
> as
> the value of the *non_det float variable* in trace I used* isnormal()
> *function
> to omit that trace. Still, it doesn't work! I am getting *NaN* in the
> trace.
> Is there any problem regarding *nondet_float()* function or there is
> any
> problem regarding *isnormal() *?

To echo what Michael said; without seeing the code it is very hard to
say. Even if the inputs are normal it is still very easy to generate
NaNs; that may be what is happening.

Cheers,
- Martin