How do I connect using endpoint-iterators (as returned from future C++ networking resolver)?

Lars Conrad

Aug 27, 2018, 8:01:39 AM8/27/18
to The C++ Network Library
Hello, :-)

please excuse my ignorance; I am obviously new to cpp-netlib.

The upcoming C++ networking standard will return an iterator pointing to a "list" of endpoints, upon resolving. That is, "google.com" will resolve to several IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. When connecting, you pass that iterator. It will then try them all, before it fails. It might even prioritize or exclude some.
How can I connect/request a page using those iterators (i.e.: multiple addresses)? Do I have to emulate the behavior and try them myself or did I miss something in the documentation (I'm prone to overlook stuff)?

Thank you very much for your help!