Support for chunked transfer encoding in server responses

martin.t...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2018, 2:34:08 AM11/27/18
to The C++ Network Library
Does v0.13 support sending chunked transfer encoded messages from server to client? And if so, how? Just setting a "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" header does not work. Thanks.

Dean Michael Berris

Nov 27, 2018, 10:43:01 AM11/27/18
to cpp-n...@googlegroups.com

> On 27 Nov 2018, at 18:09, martin.t...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Does v0.13 support sending chunked transfer encoded messages from server to client? And if so, how? Just setting a "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" header does not work. Thanks.

Aside from setting the chunked transfer encoding header, you’d want to chunk up the body yourself (with the appropriate chunk markers) when writing to the connection available from the request handler. We had some plans a while back in providing utilities for MIME-encoding and even compressing data to be streamed out, but I’ve gotten busy with other things in the meantime.

If once you’ve done the above and it still does not work, could you file an issue with details on how you are testing chunked transfer encoding?

Cheers