2nd CFP: The 10th Anniversary Symposium on Human Dynamics Research at AAG 2024, Hawaii

1 view

Xinyue Ye

Oct 28, 2023, 11:10:16 AM10/28/23
to CPG...@listserv.buffalo.edu

The 10th Anniversary Symposium on Human Dynamics Research

2024 AAG Annual Meeting, Honolulu, Hawaii

Tuesday, April 16 – Saturday, April 20, 2024

Call for Paper/Panel Sessions and Presentations

We are delighted to announce that our "Symposium on Human Dynamics Research" is entering its 10th year of making contributions to the field. As we stand at this critical juncture, where the world has transformed into a hybrid physical-virtual realm shaped by modern technologies, we find it fitting to reflect on our achievements and chart a course for the future. Over the past nine years, our symposia have thrived at the AAG annual meetings (2015 - 2023), leading to the publication of many special issues in prestigious journals and the creation of a well-received book series of "Human Dynamics in Smart Cities" published by Springer.

Looking forward to the 10th symposium during the 2024 AAG annual meeting in Honolulu, Hawaii, our primary theme will be "Human Dynamics in Geography and Geographic Information Science." We are fully aware of the growing significance of the metaverse, generative AI, and quantum computing, with their immersive mixed reality and conversational capabilities, which are expected to profoundly transform human experiences and engagements in the near future. Against this backdrop, our aim is to delve into a seamless amalgamation of physical and virtual realms, defining this as a novel paradigm of human dynamics.

The symposium aims to transcend the constraints posed by conventional physical and digital boundaries that have restricted discussions on human dynamics. To achieve this, we advocate a convergent approach that seeks to synergize perspectives from both physical and virtual realms, encompassing space and place considerations. This comprehensive outlook aims to expand our comprehension of human behavior and interactions. By adopting a human-centered convergence research framework, we believe that the study of human dynamics holds the key to fostering fruitful collaboration across diverse disciplines. Such collaboration has the potential to catalyze positive transformations within human societies, thereby generating a wealth of fresh insights for geographic and geospatial research and education.

We cordially invite you to be part of this milestone event by submitting proposals for organizing in-person or virtual paper/panel sessions, as well as individual presentations. Below are some sample paper/panel sessions that we have prepared to inspire your contributions. However, we wholeheartedly encourage you to propose new and exciting paper/panel sessions that align with your areas of expertise and interest. Together, let us shape the future of human dynamics research in this convergence era, breaking barriers and forging innovative paths of inquiry beyond traditional disciplinary silos. As part of this event, we intend to arrange a series of special issues in reputable journals such as IJGIS (https://shorturl.at/aexBPand publish an edited book. These initiatives will serve as platforms to showcase and disseminate the valuable research and contributions presented during the symposium.

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Emerging Themes in the Metaverse

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: The Emerging Quantum Social Science and its Applications in Human Dynamics Research

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Temporal Dynamics of Place

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Mining Human Dynamics with Big Data & Spatio-Temporal Analysis

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: What Makes a Neighborhood in a Hybrid Physical-Virtual World?

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Modeling Human Dynamics in Coupled Natural-Human System

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Advances in Dynamic Environmental Exposure, Mobility Patterns, and Health Outcomes

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Risk Communication and Resilience

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Mapping, Modeling and Prediction with VGI

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Understanding and Mitigating the Spread of Mis/Disinformation

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Harnessing Urban Digital Twins

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Ethical Considerations and Privacy Concerns

·         Symposium on Human Dynamics Research: Reproducibility and Replicability Issues in Human Dynamics Research

Each session organizer will handle the call for presentations and coordinate abstract submissions among the presenters in their session(s). Please name your session(s) with a prefix of “Symposium on Human Dynamics Research”, followed by a subtitle of your specific session (see sample session titles above), such that the attendees can easily find all sessions of this Symposium. We request session organizers email the title, abstract, and PIN of papers/panelists in each proposed session to Shih-Lung Shaw (ss...@utk.edu) and Xinyue Ye (xiny...@tamu.edu) by the abstract submission deadline announced by the AAG such that we can work with the AAG office to schedule the sessions of this symposium. Please contact Shih-Lung Shaw (ss...@utk.edu), Dan Sui (dsu...@vt.edu), or Xinyue Ye (xiny...@tamu.edu) if you are interested in organizing paper/panel sessions as part of this symposium or if you have any questions.

Organizing Committee:

Shih-Lung Shaw (Co-Chair), University of Tennessee, ss...@utk.edu

Daniel Sui (Co-Chair), Virginia Tech, dsu...@vt.edu

Xinyue Ye (Co-Chair), Texas A&M University, xiny...@tamu.edu