Read Receipts for Messages

CPFP EMR Worktips

Feb 26, 2022, 3:15:08 PM2/26/22
to CPFP EMR Worktips
How do I know if the patient read my message or not?
Sometimes, you have a lab result which you want the patient to know about, but it can be within the next week and not necessarily immediately. You want to send a message but also want to know if they have not read it after a certain period of time, so you can follow-up if they have not read it yet. If so, here is what you can do.
1.) Write your message
2.) Before you send, go to the top bar and click "notify"
3.) Select the parameters on when you want to be notified for the message. You can set it so that if the addresses have read it, you will get a notification, or if they haven't opened it after a certain amount of time, you will get a notification that it has not been opened. Set the parameters and accept, then send the message.
4.) Watch for your notifications near the bottom on the "inbox" tab of the Message Center. You will know when they have read the message or if they have not read it.