ios Wingman app

J Coyier

Jan 20, 2024, 8:18:47 PMJan 20
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Anyone out there have any experience with this app?  I'm looking for something that will record a gps track syn'd with altitude where I can export the file into something like Google Earth Studio where I can generate a custom video clip.

Ed Bourguignon

Jan 21, 2024, 10:40:54 AMJan 21
to jco...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
I was excited to check out a new iOS paragliding app, but when I searched for wingman in the App Store all I found were lots of dating apps. Not sure if my phone is trying to tell me something.

Most iPhone using paragliding pilots fly with FlySkyHy. The basic version is free and the add-ons are not that much, but I don’t think you need any of them just to create a track and export it. I have used it to export to Ayvri (back when it was still around) and more recently with Sports Track Live so it should work with Google Earth.

Ed

Sent from my iPad