CLO tree?

Glen Baker

Jun 25, 2021, 9:49:44 AM6/25/21
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Hearing that somebody might have hugged a tree with their wing at CLO. Any truth to that?

Dirk Larson

Jun 25, 2021, 11:14:09 AM6/25/21
to iphon...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Looks to be:

On Jun 25, 2021, at 6:49 AM, Glen Baker <gl...@coakley-baker.com> wrote:

Hearing that somebody might have hugged a tree with their wing at CLO. Any truth to that?

Steve Forslund

Jun 25, 2021, 11:22:04 AM6/25/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Those are the group of trees you always need to be aware of, going outside if low or inside of if higher. The most expensive tree rescue kit, I would have called Seward and waved them off, I assumed they left the wing as they usually will only rescue people.

SF

Mark Sanzone

Jun 25, 2021, 11:30:33 AM6/25/21
to dirkl...@gmail.com, iphon...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
They have been several rescues the past year and we have not donated to the volunteer fire and rescue the last two years. I propose we make a donation at the next meeting. I also encourage anyone who wants to make a private donation to do so.
Mark

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 25, 2021, at 8:20 AM, Dirk Larson <dirkl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Looks to be:

<image0.jpeg>

Dirk Larson

Jun 25, 2021, 11:32:22 AM6/25/21
to Mark Sanzone, iphon...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Seward moved south and wasn’t doing tree rescues anymore anyways.

On Jun 25, 2021, at 8:30 AM, Mark Sanzone <msan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

They have been several rescues the past year and we have not donated to the volunteer fire and rescue the last two years. I propose we make a donation at the next meeting. I also encourage anyone who wants to make a private donation to do so.

Steve Forslund

Jun 25, 2021, 11:56:16 AM6/25/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Lincoln city is close, he might be able to be hired for a wing extraction. If I were in Portland I might be tempeted to grab my spurs for $$$  Maybe the pilot could make that donation in CPC's name?

SF

Steve Forslund

Jun 25, 2021, 11:56:32 AM6/25/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Lincoln city is close, he might be able to be hired for a wing extraction. If I were in Portland I might be tempted to grab my spurs for $$$  Maybe the pilot could make that donation in CPC's name?

SF

Mark Sanzone

Jun 25, 2021, 12:07:56 PM6/25/21
to skf...@effectnet.com, cp...@googlegroups.com, Sam Mulder
Seward retired years ago. Sam has been doing the recoveries. I copied him

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Samuel Mulder

Jun 25, 2021, 1:41:15 PM6/25/21
to Mark Sanzone, skf...@effectnet.com, cp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up. I could probably retrieve the wing. I’ve been successful with the last 5-6, but given that location, it won’t come cheap. Just getting to the base of the tree through the brush would be a bear.