CPC May 2023 Meeting notes

Cascade Paragliding Club

May 2, 2023, 11:16:34 PM5/2/23
to Cascade Paragliding Club

Hello CPC Member!

2023 May CPC Meeting Notes

May 2, 2023

Attendees

Anthony Allen

Brad Hill

Fellipe Alves

Jason Wronsky

Jeffrey Rogers

Mark Sanzone

Nicolas Coles

Rika Wrobel

Summary

Oceanside Open

We are getting close and the preparations are nearly ready!

We have nearly 55 pilots registered and another 20 guests are expected to join us. For the moment the weather forecast indicates favorable conditions for Saturday. Stay tuned to our Telegram group and Google Group for the latest news!

Take a moment to review the site guide before coming: Oceanside

More info: https://oceansideopen.cascadeparaglidingclub.org/

Improvements on the road to the Cliffside launch

Big shout out to Cody who spent hours working in improving the road up to launch at Cliffside!

A vote will be submitted soon for the reimbursement of the rental of the equipment used to improve the pavement.

Upcoming meeting

The next club meeting is scheduled for June 6, 2023 at 7:30pm. Stay tuned to our Telegram group for more information, including the link for connection, closer to the date.

-The Cascade Paragliding Club
                                Contact CPC                                    http://cascadeparaglidingclub.org

                  Membership Links: Join - Renew              Newsletter Opt-In Link: Get Monthly Info

Membership in the US Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association (USHPA) is required to have access to club flying sites and events (ex: Oceanside Open).  This national organization provides pilots with critical insurance, a structured pilot training regimen, and representation to the FAA for free flight activities in the U.S.  You are encouraged to follow this link to the USHPA site and sign up to get access to relevant information and receive notifications: https://www.ushpa.org/

Joe Gluzinski

May 2, 2023, 11:56:11 PM5/2/23
to cascadepa...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
So cool. Dave Raybourn, myself and Jeff Gritsch all flew Paragliders together in 1992 at Oceanside.

My parents have a house above Short Beach on Radar Rd, half way to Cape Mears.

That darn show off Dave Raybourn in 1992 flew a paraglider from Oceanside to Cape Mears and then landed back on Short Beach along with Jeff and I for a short hike up to my parents house on Radar Rd.

Bet you are glad about the history lesson…..

Joe Gluzinski
Air America Paragliding “retired”