Oceanside Open Update

Mark Sanzone

May 2, 2023, 5:03:26 PM5/2/23
to Cascade Paragliding Club, Oregon Hang Gliding
This weekend!  Over 50 pilots and 20 guests have registered online, thank you!  Please register if you plan to go.  We are locking in headcount and buying food/drinks on Wednesday.

The wind forecasts look good for Oceanside but expect to dodge rain showers (the usual) on Saturday.  Sunday looks like rain unfortunately.
Of course the forecast keeps changing and we are still several day out.  I'll update again in a couple of days.

Mark

Mark Sanzone

May 4, 2023, 9:26:45 PM5/4/23
to Cascade Paragliding Club, Oregon Hang Gliding
Good News - Winds look SW all weekend, so we will be flying Oceanside and not Cape Lookout.  Also the rain forecast has decreased overall.
There should be flying windows all three days.

Friday looks wet until mid afternoon, but then good, possibly on the strong side.

Saturday looks good late morning and evening but too strong in the afternoon (Unless you are on a mini wing or HG.)

Sunday - winds on the strong side and a bit south with some showers.

Of course this will change, but I'm more optimistic than I was a couple of days ago.

We currently have about 60 pilots registered and almost 30 guests.

MARK

PS.  I should have the community center open 6 - 7 Friday for those that want to do an early check in.