2024 February CPC Meeting Minutes

Cascade Paragliding Club

Mar 3, 2024, 2:13:44 PMMar 3
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Hello CPC Member!
The next club meeting is scheduled in person at Lucky Lab on NW Quimby St for March 5th, 2024 at 7:30pm.
 2024 February CPC Meeting NotesFebruary 6, 2024
 AttendeesBen Riordan
Fellipe Alves
Alan Flemming
Seth
 Oceanside OpenThe oceanside open is May 4th and 5th 2024. Information and volunteer opportunities will become available at https://cascadeparaglidingclub.org/oceansideopen/

Vincent Griffith is chairing a safety committee.
 Discussion of Medical KitsWe had further discussion of medical kits at CPC sites. At our March meeting we will discuss storage and propose a vote.

While on this topic, Seth reminded us of the importance of water when performing rescue assistance. Sometimes you don’t know how long you’ll be with someone and water can become scarce for both yourself and an injured paraglider while undergoing rescue.
 2024 MeetingsMeetings will continue In Person this year. Our usual location will be at Lucky Lab on NW Quimby St. If this location changes for a particular meeting we will ensure clarity on telegram and google groups.
Call for topics
Are you passionate about a particular paragliding topic? If so, let us know and we’ll allow presenters in the second half of our meetings! This is also a great time for flight reports, lessons learned, or just particularly great days in presentation form.
Upcoming meeting
The next club meeting is scheduled in person at Lucky Lab on NW Quimby St for March 5th, 2024 at 7:30pm.

-The Cascade Paragliding Club

Joe Gluzinski

Mar 3, 2024, 8:46:50 PMMar 3
to cascadepa...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Photo David Raybourn Oceanside OR June 1992 flying a Pro-Design Challenger C. Later in that flight Dave flew out past the Cape Mears Light House then back to Lost Boy Beach where he, Jeff Gritsch snd I all landed after flying off Oceanside. No animals or humans were injured on these flights!

Blue Skies

Will try to make it down to the Oceanside Fly In this year and join you all.

Joe
CF662AF7-E0F2-4850-9555-13F9C6C40E4E.jpeg