Dog flight report - 5/3

dave_blizzard

May 4, 2023, 5:19:24 PM5/4/23
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Yesterday morning,  Dog showed a a pre-frontal day with a projected cloudbase of 9K.  Since I haven't seen Andrew's new Morton digs, it seems like a good day to head north.  Four of us flew: Local pg pilots John and Andrew, hg pilot Robin, and me.  Conditions were still very strong (14 gusting 18+) when Andrew and I met John and Robin on launch about 3:00.  They had been waiting for awhile so we joined them. It finally started backing down about 3:45.  Robin launched his Atos first and went straight up so the PG crew slowly got ready.  John launched on his new Phi 2 liner next followed shortly by me and then Andrew about an hour later. The house thermal was very strong and I was a bit surprised that it wasn't being blown apart.  But it sure wasn't, it was working well so up we went.  Didn't seem to be going down much even over the lake.  Robin said he got above 8K.  I flew a bit over an hour in strong but not too punchy air.  When we were done, it required effort to get down - except for Robin.  We had Mexican food in Morton for a perfect end to the day.