Mt Howard

James LaBarge

Jun 17, 2022, 3:11:18 PM6/17/22
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Hello! I am headed to Wallowa State park for a family camping trip and adding Mt Howard to the itinerary. I have gone though the Eagle Cap website. Have a copy of the waiver, read the site guide, and paid the membership fees.

Any experience or notes you can share?  Headed there July 16th. Hoping for good water levels, but not afraid to land at an alternate and hike. Part of the fun.

James

sky...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2022, 12:54:26 AM6/18/22
to Cascade Paragliding Club
I flew there about 20 years ago.  We launched in very light winds.  It was a bit sketchy, but it was one of the best flights of my life.  Also extremely beautiful.  I remember flying over several of the towns there: Enterprise, Joseph, Lostine, maybe? Lots of interesting cloud development.  Because it's so high, you can lose quite a bit of elevation and still climb back up and go far.  JohN Saltveit

Travis Potter

Jun 18, 2022, 1:40:48 AM6/18/22
to sky...@gmail.com, Pilot Todd Weigand, Cascade Paragliding Club
Take gators if you land at the alternate site on the Moraine. Lot of stickers as well as the launch is a sensitive ecosystem, Todds trying not to have invasive grasses transported up there.

Looping Todd in, hes the man to connect with once your there.